G1R Warcraft: IC2, project red, guns, ICBM, gregtech & much more!

• Has anyone been playing on any good modded servers? I've been bored out of my mind with vanilla minecraft.

You could always try PASHC, I did EXPHC and that was pretty good, it has a ton of mods, and it is combat oriented

EDIT: I think it's still up, it might not be

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• You guys knew how to have a brawl, that's for sure.

By the way, guess who got back to coding on Tuesday? A certain Github.

Was the code always like

Code
    public static void buyGun(GunBoxType type, int gun){ 	PacketBuyWeapon.buildBuyWeaponPacket(type, gun, 0);	}
    public static void buyAmmo(GunBoxType box, int ammo, int type) { PacketBuyWeapon.buildBuyWeaponPacket(box, type, ammo); }

or is there a new concept of buying weapons?

EDIT: Damnit Chrome! It always messes up forum formatting on me
    EDIT2: There is a boolean canBuy in the method for buyGun, so I'm thinking there might possibly be some sort of currency system
    EDIT3: Nevermind, it's been so long I forgot how the gun boxes worked

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Was the code always like

Code
    public static void buyGun(GunBoxType type, int gun){ 	PacketBuyWeapon.buildBuyWeaponPacket(type, gun, 0);	}
    public static void buyAmmo(GunBoxType box, int ammo, int type) { PacketBuyWeapon.buildBuyWeaponPacket(box, type, ammo); }

or is there a new concept of buying weapons?

EDIT: Damnit Chrome! It always messes up forum formatting on me
    EDIT2: There is a boolean canBuy in the method for buyGun, so I'm thinking there might possibly be some sort of currency system
    EDIT3: Nevermind, it's been so long I forgot how the gun boxes worked

Isn't it so nostalgic? ^^

• I think this server should install Gregtech addon. It could help for a few things: expensive recipe for nuke, and generator (as I saw this server has as policy to buff Non-renewable ressources).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I think this server should install Gregtech addon. It could help for a few things: expensive recipe for nuke, and generator (as I saw this server has as policy to buff Non-renewable ressources).

Ha, yeah maybe if it was still up

• If anyone that played on mens' server is looking for a good modded server join me and ndelmnco on mc.endsiege.com . its a tekkit server btw. if you would like to join us message me on the forums or if your on the server and me or ndel are on too message us

• Can I get a show of hands for anyone who wants the server back?

Do you honestly expect anyone that sees this post to say no to that?

• I'm ready to bring it back. At this point I'm just waiting for redpower to be ported to bukkit. Which, according to these people...

Posted by Maeyanie on: January 04, 2013, 05:21:51 AM »
    "The port has been complete for several days and is just waiting on Eloraam's approval to release. Please stop bugging me about it..."
    Source: http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=4487.0

...is just sitting there waiting for the god-emporers go ahead to unleash on us filthy unwashed earth creatures.

As far as mods go, these are what I plan to have:

Industrial Craft 2
    Red-Power 2
    Greg-tech (this mod inspired me to come back, this guy knows his shit and is on top of the problems other modders disregard)
    Flans mods (will probabaly start with ww2 and modern weapons pack, but want to make a custom content pack more in tune with future weapons & vehicles)
    Compact Solars
    Nuclear Control
    ICBM mod (will change the recipes to use IC2 components)
    MFFS Forcefield thing (as long as it is no longer plagued by terrible server destroying bugs)
    Anything that adds turrets, landmines or fightin' robots

I will be changing the way team combat works, and hope to creatively utilize a handful of plugins to create worlds to fight over, rather than just one big map. I also wanted to set up a persistent system of war, instead of the lame but previously necessary declare-war-on-the-forums-first thing, probabaly using towny.

I will also be seeking a host this time, cause comcast is a pack of thieving, skulking filth. I plan to go with this guy: http://www.kbgservers.com/. Support small business, bitchez.

So, in the meantime, while waiting for the ported redpower to be posted, I will put the server file together, do some !SCIENCE!, change some write ups, and drag the old forum posts and sites out of the dust bin.

• First off, fucking awesome!

Greg-tech (this mod inspired me to come back, this guy knows his shit and is on top of the problems other modders disregard)

Second, what configs? Are we going to have the extremely expensive UU-Matter enabled, or the nano-saber and mining laser expensive recipes? If so I suppose that might make for some interesting End warfare.

EDIT: Also on the subject of GregTech, assuming they can be turned off, are we going to allow RedPower gems to be used as GregTech substitutes?

Edited once, last by CrafterOfMines57 ().

• We will be using a system similar to the one we have used previously as far as the economy goes. UU matter will be generated vanilla style, as I will always strive to avoid or nerf the scrap system as much as possible. I know, changes have been made and its not that laggy, etc. When dozens of people start doing it though, it becomes a huge problem.

I would like to open up the end as a sort of asteroid setting, but may or may based on computing restraints. I would be more inclined to use the end if it had some sort of space effect, requiring an IC2 helmet to breathe. To be honest though, I would rather generate normal worlds and alter the distribution of ore via worldedit.

Naturally, spawnshop will always have those rare things that you cant kill someone for. For a steep price, of course.

Will definitely be using the more expensive recipes for green tech and machines as well as laser and saber.

The laser wont have a real big use anymore, mining aside. After actually using the thing in combat I am psychically repulsed at the thought of using it as a weapon, or inflicting that hardship on others. Since I really like the idea of having guns that work, whose bullets don't go comically slow and do foam dart-like damage, I am altering the values of guns to reflect their IRL attributes. Now a .308 is actually something to fear, and the .50 will shread you up just by traveling near you. So you can imagine what a .50 with depleted uranium rounds might do to something like quantum armor, even. Or, if things go as planned, what a space marines bolter might do. Ranges seem about right to. The age of the nano sword spammer is over, we are moving into the era of the sniper, bomber and tank.

The redpower gems probabaly wont be made compatible with Greg tech. considering my usual eu buffs and affinity for nuclear energy (and now delicious fusion and thorium).

• we are moving into the era of the sniper, bomber and tank.

Well, *puts on hipster glasses* I was sniping blues before it was cool.

• Hopefully they port redpower soon cause its been 4 days since that post about it. I seriously can't wait for this server to be back up. Honestly nothing can really compare to this server