Confusion regarding versions

• Hello all!

First of all sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasnt quite sure about it. I have a lot of questions which i tried solving first by searching the net but without success.

Now my questions summed up, which build of IC2 should I use and where would I find up to date documentation for it? Its been a long time and Im a bit lost at the moment :)

Me and my brother recently picked up modded minecraft againt after 3-4 year long break.

We have a an FTB infinity lite server running on mc 1.10.2, the ic version is 2-2.6.188-ex110.

I have tried getting the fluid reactor going but I am stuck at the steam processing part. There are three blocks i think related to this:

Steam Boiler, Steam Turbine, Steam Re-Pressurizer

As far as i can see the boiler produces superheated steam that should power the turbine which would then power one or more kinetic generators for EU.

but for some reason I cant get it working. I have tried to search the internet for information but the wiki seems out of date (can only find a steam generator there, not the turbine or boiler or repressurizer).

I have currently set EnderIO conduits to pipe the fluid to the liquid heat exchanger, which transfers the heat to the steam boiler filled with with distilled water (a hell of a night mare to get it in), producing steam at 375 degrees. That goes into the steam turbine which power a kinetic generator.

I can only get one generator going no matter how i set it up, what am i doing wrong?

I am confused about versions as well on the download pgae (jenkins?) I find two version compatible with 1.10.2,:

http://jenkins.ic2.player.to/job/IC2_110/254/

and

http://jenkins.ic2.player.to/job/IC2_110/

I was also wondering about nuclear control and if its compatible with 1.10.2?

Thanks for any help!

• Official Post

Regarding the versions: The versions you linked are both (currently) the same. The first link links to the jar file of build 254 (which currently is the latest version) and the second one always links to the latest 1.10 version.

Regarding nuclear control: afaik, it's not compatible with 1.10

• Thanks for the replies guys, after some twiddling i managed get steam and super heated steam going, I read the steam re-pressuirizer can convert ic2 steam to regular, is it still a wip? when i connect steam to it the internal tank is filled but nothing further happens?

• Official Post

The steam repressurizer needs heat to convert steam. Bear in mind though, it's a one way process, so you can't get any distilled water you used to make the steam back. You need to use a condenser if you want to do that.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It might be sided, so you might have to connect the pipes to the top/bottom instead of the sides. Been a while since I used it

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.