How do you block an energy flow with the EU-Splitter cable?

• Hi gang,

First of all my compliments for IC2, I'm having a great time so far with discovering and exploring everything you can do with this mod. Awesome piece of work, I'm really enjoying myself so far.

So I'm trying to regulate the energy flow between blocks and from what I understand the EU-splitter cable should be capable to block (or enable) the energy flow. I've set up a test where I connect a creative generator with an electric furnace using a insulated copper wire and an EU-splitter cable. Unfortunately the energy doesn't get blocked and continues to flow no matter what I do.

So my question: what is the correct way to apply a redstone signal so that the energy flow can be toggled on and off?

I read that a lever on the block next to it isn't enough, and that some wikis mention power from below. But so far I've tried everything I could think off:

• Using a lever and some redstone dust running into the cable.
    • Coating the cable in foam and them attaching a lever onto that (tested in both soft and hardened states for the foam) or let redstone run into it (see previous point).
    • Using a redstone torch below the cable.

But no matter what I do the cable doesn't "light up" and worse yet: doesn't block anything. And I can't help think that I'm overlooking something obvious here.

My setup: Forge 14.23.1.2559 and IC2 version 2.8.27-ex112 running in singleplayer.

Thanks in advance for any hints you can give me!

• Hi gang,

So my original message looked like spam according to this stupid forum spam filter, so I'm going to keep it real short:

How do I properly use the EU splitter cable? I've tried everything I can think off, but can't get it to work. Redstone running into it, coating it with foam, redstone torch below, it just doesn't block anything.

My intent is to have a cable block power distribution.

Thanks in advance!

• Official Post

Merged the threads together so the answer has some more context

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Aah, so a bug and not an oversight on my end? I'm happy to hear that, thanks guys, appreciate the heads up!

And now that I'm at it (here's hoping it'll be accepted this time): also extra compliments for IC2 in general, I discovered it last week (IC2) and immediately took a liking to it because of the massive amount of diversity it provides. Right now I'm playing it together with integrated dynamics, tinkers construct and applied energetics and it really blends in very nicely, I'm having a great time so far!

It does take some effort to figure some things out (I can imagine this to be even harder if you're not familiar with 'tech mods') but its very much worth it. So thanks for that!

And once again; thanks for the quick replies guys, I appreciate it!

In the mean time I fixed my issue with an extra batbox for which I set the redstone to "always off" (if I recall correctly, I had issues with the other settings) and then simply ran a redstone line into that. Now I can more easily control my energy flow. And the extra buffering in the batbox is also working out :)