All IC2 became pink/black cubes on load

• Hello,

I am playing an offline survival world in minecraft+IC2 (1.12.2) since a few months an achieved quite a lot: about 2000 solar panels, mass fabricator, etc.

Today, after entering the game I noticed that all the IC2 blocks where transformed to pink/black cubes. It seem that taking them with the wrench return me the correct item, thus the information does not seem lost. However, removing a placing back thousands of blocks could take time.

Is there a reason why this happens?
    And more important: Is there any way to recover the IC2 block without dismounting all the machineries?

Thanks for any help

Best regards

• Yes, sure, I tried it. Without success. (I mean it did not solved the issue, not that I was not able to restart the game)

Here is the log:

Here some screens:

• Official Post

Could you try right-clicking say a pink+black solar panel with a debug item? That would at say what the client thinks it has there, even if it's not drawing them correctly.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• No, I have cheating mode disabled. I seen that every time I re-start the game, it convert make the same issue again:
    - Enter the game
    - put a cable or whatever else (it shows correctly)
    - Exit the game
    - Enter again (it shows as a pink/black square)

I have other worlds which works perfectly. It's only this one (my main one) which has the issue.

• Official Post

If you open the world to LAN, you can temporarily turn cheats on until you quit the world again, which would allow you to spawn one.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thanks, here is the info produced on a solar panel:

Code
    [20:36:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [mp client] block state: ic2:te[facing=down,material=field_151573_f,transparent=false,type=invalid]
    [20:36:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] name: ic2.te
    [20:36:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] cls: ic2.core.block.BlockTileEntity
    [20:36:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] te: null
    [20:36:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [sp server] block state: ic2:te[facing=north,material=field_151573_f,transparent=false,type=solar_generator]
    [20:36:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] name: ic2.te
    [20:36:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] cls: ic2.core.block.BlockTileEntity
    [20:36:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] te: ic2.core.block.generator.tileentity.TileEntitySolarGenerator@164c5516
    [20:36:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [sp server] interfaces: ic2.core.IHasGui net.minecraft.inventory.ISidedInventory ic2.api.network.INetworkDataProvider ic2.api.network.INetworkUpdateListener net.minecraft.util.ITickable ic2.core.gui.dynamic.IGuiConditionProvider net.minecraftforge.common.capabilities.ICapabilitySerializable
  • I recovered normality without knowing how:
    - I realized that far objects (advanced miners) where not in pink
    - I created a cable to from my base to the miner, with the intention of knowing where is the limit of the issue.
    - I reloaded the game. And all were ok again.

It could also be related with opening the LAN for a while

If I may help in discovering what happens, just tell me how. Thanks for the great support and help!

When I load the game being far from my base, it load correctly. I just need to go about 200 blocks away and reload the game and all look ok.
    If I reload the game staying in the base, it load pink/black again.

• i got similar problem, i have 1.12.2 2.8.65, sometime i get into world, i saw one moment like this, after one moment they will become normal machine again,and also the cables sometime cannot connect to anything even those are already place and connected (when happen the just look like did not connect to any machines even there have some machines), what can i do.

• Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same problem as desribed by Escain - after few months of play all IC2 blocks becamed pink-black (and it doesn't happen if I spawn far away from the base, probably the blocks are OK if they load during the game from empty chunks).

Have you solved this problem somehow ?

Thanks

• Ok.. I installed 1.12.2 version of forge and ic2 and the problem is solved. In the beginning I only got a message on missing registry entry but it looks like it works fine.

I see that some changes has been made in ic2. Do you know where to find the description of updates ?