Changing Energy Config

• Hi Guys!

I'm interested in nerfing the energy output in the game to make it harder to acquire power. The generated config file does this but after a certain point it stops accepting lower numbers and I'm looking to lower it even further. I've tried downloading the dev version of the game and managed to open it up in eclipse, but I find myself over whelmed as I do not know that much on Java coding. If anyone could lend some advise or assistance, It'll be much appreciated.

Cheers!

• Official Post

How low is low to the point where it won't accept them? There's always going to be limits where dropping them too low will make the generators effectively output nothing, but equally I didn't think there is anything stopping it from being there.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thank you for the fast reply!

My control variable is seeing how much one piece of coal generates in the generator. On default it generates 4,000.

This is the section in the config which I discovered that enables you to edit the energy output:

Base energy generation factors - increase for higher energy yield.

[balance / energy / generator]

generator = 1.0

geothermal = 1.0

water = 1.0

solar = 1.0

wind = 1.0

nuclear = 1.0

semiFluidOil = 1.0

semiFluidFuel = 1.0

semiFluidBiomass = 1.0

semiFluidBioethanol = 1.0

semiFluidBiogas = 1.0

Stirling = 1.0

Kinetic = 1.0

radioisotope = 1.0

By changing the generator to 0.1, the generator outputs 400, which makes sense (One decimal spot). However, you cannot add anymore decimal spots. For example I've tried 0.09 to 0.07 and it does not bring down the energy output any further.

• Official Post

Ah, I see what's happening now. Because the config by default forces whole EU packets (to make cabling for solars easier without having to make flower style designs), the generator rounds the config value to the nearest EU. Thus what you're seeing is because it outputs 10 EU/t by default, below x0.1 modifier it would output less than 1 EU/t, thus it ends up being rounded. I expect if you drop it to 0.04 the generator would stop outputting anything.

Most likely I'll just remove the rounding, for the sake of generation so long as it's rational, EU is designed around not being whole so it should be fine.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.