IC2 Makes my Server Crash?

• Hello. I do not know if this is the right place or if someone can help me with this. It's kind of my first time turning to forums - but I figured I'd try.
    I am setting up a Modded Server for me and friends and absolutely everything works fine - even other mods that I tried - except for IC2. The very moment that the IC2 jar is put into the mods folder of my server and .minecraft, the forge server shuts down after a fatal mistake.

I'm guessing there's something wrong with the IC2 jar that I got, even though I downloaded the most recent one? I'm on the latest version of Minecraft and Forge, here it says that it supports 1.12.2?

• Official Post

Have you got the very latest version of Forge? The past few have had quite fatal bugs in after the modloading code was rewritten (such as not loading some mods at all and failing to load any capabilities).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thanks for answering ! I posted the crash log below.

Chocohead My version of forge server is 1.12.2-14.23.3.2657-universal. IC2 is 2.8.75-ex112
    I'd hope it's just forge...however it works with other mods, and it works in solo played with IC2 perfectly.

• Official Post

As I thought, you need the 14.23.3.2659 Forge version.

For reference, 2656 will fail to load most mods, 2567 will fail to load mods that depend on capabilities (which is pretty much any that use fluids or inventories, like IC2) and 2568 will produce dodgy timestamps on the mod cache. From what it seems 2659 doesn't have any flaws.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• It works!
    Wow. it was this simple, huh? Thanks a bunch. ;) I just reinstalled Minecraft after deleting all files just to be sure, downloaed the 2659 forge and re-installed everything and it works just fine. Thank you.

• Official Post

It definitely helps to know what to look for, otherwise it can be a lot of running around in circles ;) Glad you got it working

I see this too much.