Idustrial Craft 2 (Doesn't work with optimized java flags)

• I was testing some things about Minecraft today, java flags, multi-threading CPU, stress testing Minecraft, and I found that Industrial Craft 2 doesn't like my optimizations.

Please fix this, in 1.12.2 as I cannot use it for now. My other mods in my modpack however do not mind my java flags and optimizations.

https://paste.dimdev.org/apototiqap.mccrash

Thank you.

• Official Post

You're running with assertions enabled, which certainly isn't going to make the game run any faster as it will be performing more checks as it goes.

As for the actual crash, Tech Reborn look to have added an invalid recipe output which the UU graph caught (which being an assertion would normally have been ignored). If you run with

Code
    -da:ic2.core.uu.UuGraph

it should all be happy again, but disabling asserts completely with -da (or not including -ea or -enableassertions as arguments) is probably going to save future hassle with other over zealous asserts (such as Netty's when you try opening certain GUIs).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Oh, um, I found out, it's actually incompatibilities with Tech Reborn, Electroblob's Wizardery, and other mods. See this as one...

Code
    // I'm sorry, Dave.

Time: 2018-07-14 12:51:54 EDT
    Description: Initializing game

net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from IndustrialCraft 2 (ic2)
    Caused by: java.lang.AssertionError: 1xebwizardry:magic_wand@32767    at ic2.core.uu.UuGraph.build(UuGraph.java:47)    at ic2.core.uu.UuIndex.refresh(UuIndex.java:129)    at ic2.core.IC2.modsLoaded(IC2.java:427)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:627)    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)    at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)    at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:218)    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:196)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)    at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)    at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:135)    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:749)    at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:329)    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.init(Minecraft.java:534)    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:3926)    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
    • Official Post

It's 1.12 Greg, the RAM usage doesn't model according to 1.7 rules. Things have changed since 4 years ago.

The usage will increase further if the game actually manages to load, the world itself takes some. There is probably also more being loaded generally if it is managing to finish loading rather than crashing out mid way through. Either way, that is detached from the crash which is something between Hardcore Questing and Thermal Foundation. You can try with keeping -ea and using -da:ic2.core.uu.UuGraph too, but I don't see it helping drop RAM usage or fixing that issue.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.