Geiger counters

• Hey just a little suggestion I've been wanting to make for a bit, it's about geiger counters, you know, the devices used to detect radiation.

The basic idea is that its an item you can hold one in your inventory, and once you get close to radioactive items like uranium, iridium or anything else like a reactor it would start making the familiar ol' geiger counter sound which would indicate presence of radioactive materials nearby, It would intensify the closer you get to the source, this would be very cool and could even help you in some situations.

• Official Post

Are you thinking a real time thing (ie constantly searching whilst you're holding it) or click to scan like the OV Scanner?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• once you get close to radioactive items like uranium, iridium or anything else like a reactor

I can understand this for uranium (even though technically the ore blocks and some of the other forms of uranium don't trigger the "radiation" effect if handled without a hazmat suit), but I'm not so sure this makes sense for detecting iridium (as far as I can find, naturally-occurring iridium is stable) or reactors (they're shielded with lead)

• Yeah my bad for the iridium part, but lead casing does not insulate the radiation completely, there is still a notable signature, I'm not gonna argue because I'm not very experienced in this field, but the core idea itself is to help people find uranium and radioactive elements