How can I detect when a reactor ticks?

• The idea is that I want to automate the warmup process of a fluid MOX reactor using this design. My idea is first pull out all the OC vents, then start the reactor, then after a certain amount of time put them back in. Currently the fastest way to put things into the reactor that I know without adding other mods is to use a compact item buffer with ejector upgrades, but that can't be controlled by redstone, so I have to use hoppers. However, they are very slow and I don't want to insert the OC vents in the wrong tick or something bad will probably happen. So that raises the question: how can I detect when a reactor ticks? I tried to detect the EU output of an EU reactor with a detector cable, but it seems that the detector cable lits up after a random amount of time, which is unreliable.

IC2 reactors has 196,627,050,475,552,913,618,075,908,526,912,116,283,103,450,944,214,766,927,315,415,537,966,391,196,809 (2754) combinations. HAYO!

:Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log:

My avatar is from a video of Operation Upshot-Knothole.

• What you could do though is to disable the reactor while you are inserting stuff by cutting its redstone power.

I'm trying to automate the warmup process of a MOX fluid reactor, cutting its redstone power will do the opposite thing. I managed to do that but with some minor problems.

Actually I found a way to detect when a fluid reactor ticks - I used a comparator to detect the coolant output of a fluid reactor and connecting the comparator output to a 1 sec repeater clock.

One thing that I noticed when testing this clock is that the reactor component durability changes 1 tick after the noteblock sounds, and adding a piston for 0.05s extra delay doesn't work either. I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the clock or it is a display problem with the reactor.

One question: does all reactors that are in loaded chunks and in the same dimension of the same world tick at the same time?

IC2 reactors has 196,627,050,475,552,913,618,075,908,526,912,116,283,103,450,944,214,766,927,315,415,537,966,391,196,809 (2754) combinations. HAYO!

:Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log:

• Does reactors in the same chunk/subchunk tick at the same time?

• Official Post

Every reactor in the world randomly picks which tick in a given second it will update in, so placement within the world will have no impact on whether reactors tick together or not. The idea is that if it's completely random they should evenly balance out across the 20 options.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.