How to sort item with quantity ?

• Hi,

I'm currently trying to fully automate my mox reactors, i already assembled several machines to make an automate procress to extract depleted rods then craft new ones but i got a little issue in my design.

ODkSco0.png

1 thermal centrifuge is behind to extract rods then 3 sorting machines move items in order to makes dual rods again, for now the uranium must be supplied manually but i'm planning to add UU generated uranium system later

For each output of 3 irons plates by the metal former, i need to keep 1 plate for crafting the dual rod and 2 plates to make empty rods for the canning machine so i set up the sorting machines to the right like this :

T8SZd5g.png

If i put a stack on iron plates it will seperate this stack at 33% on the north and 66% on the top so my design would work but if i put iron plates one by one (like a metal former) it will send everything to the north, i don't know if it's a bug but i would like to be able to send exactly 1 iron plate on north then 2 iron plates on top.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

• If i put a stack on iron plates it will seperate this stack at 33% on the north and 66% on the top so my design would work but if i put iron plates one by one (like a metal former) it will send everything to the north, i don't know if it's a bug but i would like to be able to send exactly 1 iron plate on north then 2 iron plates on top.

Any ideas ?

You could use hopper minecarts and hoppers to distribute the items into the exact amount that you want with a cost of a comparatively high lag.

Actually, I've made a fully automatic MOX reactor including fuel rod recycling, uranium production, etc. The reason why I haven't shared it yet because sometimes I stumble into problems like the EU stop flowing and I haven't finished the product treatment. This is like a pre-release version and I currently cannot guarantee that it will work 100% (and probably in the future).

• I checked your map, i loved the way you stacked all reactor and your mox design but you use a lot of redstone which as you said can cause lags and i don't find it a good way to automate ic2 stuff .

I modified a bit my design, now i'm using a weighted item distributor to send iron plates in priority to canning machine then batch crafter, it makes a buffer of 128 iron plates but for now it's working but i wish the sorting machines would be able to also sort quantity (i'll make report on mantis, in case it's a bug).

For your EU issue, i know the splitter cables doesn't work, you still can use 2 transformers to achieve the same goal but beware of wrong wiring (RIP my old mining factory, only 1 machine wrongly wired on 2048 instead of 512 destroyed the entire building ).

• I checked your map, i loved the way you stacked all reactor and your mox design but you use a lot of redstone which as you said can cause lags and i don't find it a good way to automate ic2 stuff .

Redstone dust itself doesn't cause a lot of lag, it's turning it on/off that cause lag due to the tremendous amount of block updates that it cause. For the machine part, I have tried to optimize the lag when it's idle wit the help of LagGoggles.

I modified a bit my design, now i'm using a weighted item distributor to send iron plates in priority to canning machine then batch crafter, it makes a buffer of 128 iron plates but for now it's working but i wish the sorting machines would be able to also sort quantity (i'll make report on mantis, in case it's a bug).

I think it is better for you to make a thread in the suggestions forum, since this is more like a feature request/suggestion than a bug.

For your EU issue, i know the splitter cables doesn't work, you still can use 2 transformers to achieve the same goal but beware of wrong wiring (RIP my old mining factory, only 1 machine wrongly wired on 2048 instead of 512 destroyed the entire building ).

Since my map has 20 reactor in it and each generates about 600 EU, I don't think that a few transformers will work because of the extremely high amperage (and it will be bigger if more reactors are put in there).

IC2 reactors has 196,627,050,475,552,913,618,075,908,526,912,116,283,103,450,944,214,766,927,315,415,537,966,391,196,809 (2754) combinations. HAYO!

:Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log:

My avatar is from a video of Operation Upshot-Knothole.

• Official Post

Just thought of this, might not work... but if you just need 1-3, what about having that number of inputs to the machine?

You have your main buffer of over 9000 plates.

You have 2 outputs going to different sides of the machine.

The machine would gain 2 plates at a time, more or less. (or 3, w/e small number you need)

• Good to know for the redstone, i'll avoid only redstone clock so. Yeah i forgot that transformers also limit the output, you would have to use 1 EV transformer every roughly 10 reactors but that's just tricks, the switch cable would be better if not buggy. Also i noticed on your map that sometimes you're using switch cable to control a matter generator but this machine can already be switched by redstone signal.

Just thought of this, might not work... but if you just need 1-3, what about having that number of inputs to the machine?

You have your main buffer of over 9000 plates.

You have 2 outputs going to different sides of the machine.

The machine would gain 2 plates at a time, more or less. (or 3, w/e small number you need)

I'm using 3 electronic sorting machines again, and yeah that's what i'm doing, sending plates by 1 to metal former then canning machines (buffer of 3x64) then once this buffer is full it will send plates to the batch crafter making dual rods. If sorting with quantity was possible the 3x64 buffers would not be necessary.