Need help Cross breeding stickreed

• Hi soooo I need help with getting stick Reed seeds, idk if I'm doing something wrong or not but yea you can see the setup I have below

odo6kf

• What have you tried doing?

I tried resetting everything as if I started from the 1st time, I tried changing the places I start with the reeds but it gets to the stage where it looks like a full grown Reed and doesn't go anywhere past that so idk if I'm planting it wrong or not. I'll even add a step by step of what I'm doing after the reeds get to fully grown

Reeds fully grown: odtatd

Placing crops to crossbreed:odtc8c

Then I just need to wait right? See if there's no weeds growing instead of the correct thing which should be stickreed?

Btw if you were wondering this is what I have inside the crop-matron: odtdth

This is what it looks like now : odth02

And yea doesn't go past this stage:odtob3

• It's a rather low chance for any given crossbreeding attempt - I usually make at least one 9x9 field with 40 regular reed and 40 cross-crops in a sort of "checkerboard" pattern (water in the center with some sort of slab over it), and even then it can take 3 or 4 passes before I get any stickreed (more regular reed is a lot more common).

• It's a rather low chance for any given crossbreeding attempt - I usually make at least one 9x9 field with 40 regular reed and 40 cross-crops in a sort of "checkerboard" pattern (water in the center with some sort of slab over it), and even then it can take 3 or 4 passes before I get any stickreed (more regular reed is a lot more common).

I'll try doing that cause yea raises the chances of getting it and then I'll upload pics just in case I did something wrong.

Aight so I just got this done and idk if this is well Made or not but yea here you go: oenu17 (made it 6 by 6 )