Possibility to have upgrades already installed when machine is not placed.

• I am sure someone must have suggested this, but I couldn't find it, so here it is.

Why can't we pick up machines with installed upgrades? :Advanced Machine:

When you have a big pipeline, it often contains machines of varying power tiers, so some of the machines will require transformer upgrades. :HV-Transformer:

But whenever you want to add a machine, you have to first turn the power off, because otherwise your machine explodes. :Nuke TNT:

And whenever I build a fluid reactor it starts overheating and I turn it off and go look for the part of the pipeline where I forgot the fluid ejector upgrade. :Empty Cell:

Thoughts? :Quantum-Helmet:

• So you mean that the upgrades don't drop when machines are picked up? This helps a lot especially when moving machines.

But whenever you want to add a machine, you have to first turn the power off, because otherwise your machine explodes. :Nuke TNT:

You don't have to turn all machines off, you just have to break the cable(s) that will connect to the machine when you place the machine and connect the cable again afterwards. You can also use a big amperage at low voltage, which is what I did in my old survival world. I've managed to get ~15k EU/t by connecting a lot of transformers to MFSU.

And whenever I build a fluid reactor it starts overheating and I turn it off and go look for the part of the pipeline where I forgot the fluid ejector upgrade. :Empty Cell:

There are steam designs that don't require a big pipeline and there are already fluid pipes in IC2 now.

IC2 reactors has 196,627,050,475,552,913,618,075,908,526,912,116,283,103,450,944,214,766,927,315,415,537,966,391,196,809 (2754) combinations. HAYO!

:Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log:

My avatar is from a video of Operation Upshot-Knothole.

• So you mean that the upgrades don't drop when machines are picked up? This helps a lot especially when moving machines.

You don't have to turn all machines off, you just have to break the cable(s) that will connect to the machine when you place the machine and connect the cable again afterwards. You can also use a big amperage at low voltage, which is what I did in my old survival world. I've managed to get ~15k EU/t by connecting a lot of transformers to MFSU.

There are steam designs that don't require a big pipeline and there are already fluid pipes in IC2 now.

Wait... just so we are at the same page

The IC2 version I currently have:

1. When machines are picked up they drop all upgrades.

2. The only direct fluid transfer systems are fluid distributors and upgraded tanks, which are both absurdly expensive.

Is that no longer true in the current version?

Is there something like an up-to-date IC2 wiki? Seems like a fairy tale.

• 1. This is true in the latest version (industrialcraft-2-2.8.187-ex112 for minecraft 1.12.2)

2. I don't think that tanks are absurdly expensive, and fluid pipes have been added in 2.8.144 according to the changelog. For whatever reason the recipe for tanks that have upgrades are removed in latest version.

IC2 reactors has 196,627,050,475,552,913,618,075,908,526,912,116,283,103,450,944,214,766,927,315,415,537,966,391,196,809 (2754) combinations. HAYO!

:Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log:

My avatar is from a video of Operation Upshot-Knothole.

• I was super amazed when I heard about the pipes.

But how do they work?

Despite their tooltips, they all only transfer 400mb/s for me.

...and yeah I'd still like to be able to pick up upgraded machines.

EDIT: Okay, their transfer rates are right, but only theoretical. Since they try to move half of the fluid backwards they can't be used with something that accepts the fluid they contain as source and if there's no pressure, they are REAAAALLLY slow.