i almost had a heart attack

• ok so i set up my own design for my reactor and it seemed to be running fine so i left it on and went to finish making my oill refinery (i have BC) and thats when i heard the boom... i thought it was the reactor so i ran to my house (the reactor is in my basement) i didnt think it would be a big explosion because i have layers of obsidian and reinforced stone. anyways when i got near my home i saw one of my quarrys exploded because the combustion engines that were running on fuel blew up...

• you need to always give them just "too much" water so that they always have coolant even if they dont have enough fuel.
    as you probably saw they chain explode

• You cool BC engines? I always let the redstone one run constantly, cos it gets stuck just before highest heat and goes as fast as an oil engine :D

• only the iron engines (which can be powered by oil, lava and <fuel> now)
    the rest only explode if you have more than 1 other engine of the same type or higher powering it and it isnt using the energy

• Redstone engines never explode in current BC.

Plus with the new power transport pipe you can abuse the hell out of the new system :)

right now i've got a 12x12 "power grid" of redstone engine to power any device that needs powering. (via a power transport pipe)
    It's been powering a refinery for quite a long while now refining a bunch of fuel pumped out. previously it was powering the pump. Will probably hook it to a quarry next after the oil's done refining. (the refinery is *SLOW*, let it run overnight twice and it's still got quite a bit to go)

what's the quarry going to feed? my recycler array, of course. (after suitable sorting so only the cobble and dirt heads into the array) Of course any metals will be dumped straight into central processing and from there dumped into a chest under my base. (item transport pipe)