[Question/Suggestion] Pumps: Only draining the blocks DIRECTLY under the miner?

• Official Post

So I did my tutorial video on pumps, and noticed that it only drains the water directly underneath the miner.

A) Is this intended, or did I do something wrong?

B) What do you think about having it go in a 5x5 (or 9x9 with OV Scanner) area under the miner, so you can collect more water/lava per placement of the miner/pump combo. Basically, have it clear out the water/lava just like it would any other resource. Branch out to find it.

If I wasn't clear, check out my Tutorial Video on pumps (will be place in the tutorials section on these forums shortly).

• Obsidian, lava, water, etc, are not blocks with mining scanner values; and are thus not mined :( Getting any of those is the same as running across sand gravel dirt or cobblestone.

• it bugged "a bit"

you need multiple pumps (2++) to harvest lava, also it will never harvest lava with diamond drill (feature actually).

So when you say pump do you mean a area or just the source blocks 10 deep or how ever deep it is?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• it bugged "a bit"

you need multiple pumps (2++) to harvest lava, also it will never harvest lava with diamond drill (feature actually).

That doesn't seem correct, my pump hooked into my miner when I had to go down right into lava will pump it out just fine with one pump. Problem is I had to back it out let it reflood then redrill it was very slow to do but it does make lava cells.