[Suggestion] Generators

• I liked that in IC1 there was a function that you place in a stack of RE batteries place a chest next to it and later when you come back the chest is full of batteries.
    I also created a new design how it could look so you could also stop the process by taking out only the charging battery:
    On the left you can place your stacks of batteries and whn a battery is charged it will pop int a chest next to generator.

Generator

Solar Generator

Geothermal Generator

Wind Generator

Water Generator

• Official Post

Now, your suggestion IS possible. However, adding these 6 slots would undoubtly mean a couple hours of coding work. And actually i don't see a reason why you would need 6*16 batterys at all. Instead one can plainly use a Lapotron crystal. Exspecially as you now don't need to charge it with 1kk, but can as well just give it 6*16k. Would even fit into a EnergyCrystal.

As well, if BC fixed up it's interface-usage, generators and other machines should now work quite fine with BC pipes, permitting you to automatize the charging process, anyways.

• Now, your suggestion IS possible. However, adding these 6 slots would undoubtly mean a couple hours of coding work. And actually i don't see a reason why you would need 6*16 batterys at all. Instead one can plainly use a Lapotron crystal. Exspecially as you now don't need to charge it with 1kk, but can as well just give it 6*16k. Would even fit into a EnergyCrystal.

As well, if BC fixed up it's interface-usage, generators and other machines should now work quite fine with BC pipes, permitting you to automatize the charging process, anyways.

Noone is allowed to charge anything away from base with energy crystals, That is an exclusive feature of batteries.

Well, Unless you use a *mobile charger* Which is an MFE and a wrench, and you plonk down the mfe, drop yer energy crystals in, and put your bat-pack/mining laser/jetpack in.

However, this is something I would personally only want for the storage blocks, not generators, since the generators have nowhere near the output required to do multiple batteries in a reasonable amount of time. 2 slots, maybe, and destacking batteries, but not 6, at least not for non-storage blocks.

• i would think that adding only 1 extra slot would be enough

put a stack of uncharged batteries in, let them charge up and dump out into a chest

• i would think that adding only 1 extra slot would be enough

put a stack of uncharged batteries in, let them charge up and dump out into a chest

I agree. Take one out of a slot, charge, stick in chest, rinse/repeat. Similar to charging bench addon, which spreads stacks out so they can charge.

• Besides, according to the Wiki a Battery Pack of six RE Batteries is being added. No need for six slots on the GUI when you have six batteries that can go in one slot.

• Besides, according to the Wiki a Battery Pack of six RE Batteries is being added. No need for six slots on the GUI when you have six batteries that can go in one slot.

That is actually from Ic1, and even if it were added to IC2, unless it works differently from how it did then, it will require you to crack it open to use the charged batteries, which results in lost tin (iirc)

• i like the direction of the idea but,
    i think that it would be nice if there was a different chest we could put battery's in to be un-stacked and charged.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• As well, if BC fixed up it's interface-usage, generators and other machines should now work quite fine with BC pipes, permitting you to automatize the charging process, anyways.

Hmm... Buildcraft 2.2.2 was just released and it says it should work better at connecting with machines (IC). It also has an available download of the pipes.api so mods can include it to more easily ensure their stuff will work with Buildcraft pipes. Maybe now we'll be able to pump lava to Geogens.