[support request]: IC2 multiplayer crashing, seems to be tied to our house?

• Last week I rented a Minecraft-Servers.com server so that me and a friend could play IC2. The server is set to run 1.8.1 with IC2 1.15. I did my best to follow the instructions to install IC2 on my client (1. Risugami's ModLoader, 2. Flan's ModLoaderMP, 3. Player's ModLoaderMP-HotFix, 4. SpaceToad's MCForge, 5. Player's SoundFix, 6. Player's Crash-HotFix). I've tried reinstalling on a fresh jar several times.

For some reason we get crashes all the time if we try to mess with our house. For example, if we try to knock out a wall block to put in a window -> crash; we try to place a torch on the wall -> crash; we try to knock out a ceiling block -> crash. We do get random crashes while playing as well. After the crash, I'm able to X out of the client, restart it, and log back into the server. It would seem it's a client issue and not a server issue right? Any thoughts on what might be wrong? I'm using a PC and my friend is using a Mac, we both get crashes. Usually it crashes for both of us at the same time, but occasionally only one of us crashes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Last week I rented a Minecraft-Servers.com server so that me and a friend could play IC2. The server is set to run 1.8.1 with IC2 1.15. I did my best to follow the instructions to install IC2 on my client (1. Risugami's ModLoader, 2. Flan's ModLoaderMP, 3. Player's ModLoaderMP-HotFix, 4. SpaceToad's MCForge, 5. Player's SoundFix, 6. Player's Crash-HotFix). I've tried reinstalling on a fresh jar several times.

For some reason we get crashes all the time if we try to mess with our house. For example, if we try to knock out a wall block to put in a window -> crash; we try to place a torch on the wall -> crash; we try to knock out a ceiling block -> crash. We do get random crashes while playing as well. After the crash, I'm able to X out of the client, restart it, and log back into the server. It would seem it's a client issue and not a server issue right? Any thoughts on what might be wrong? I'm using a PC and my friend is using a Mac, we both get crashes. Usually it crashes for both of us at the same time, but occasionally only one of us crashes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Same thing here...It crashes with black screen sometimes when I try to build/bring down/use machine/eat :D

• Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure I had the patches/hot fixes installed except for the "orb fix." I tried wiping out my install again last night and installed the files listed in the wiki (including the orb fix this time). So far so good. I was able to place torches and remove blocks in my house. The next test is to get my friend to log in and try the same after he does his re-install. *fingers crossed*

• I HAVE applied the patch, but still seem to get a similar crash.

I have both IC2, and Buildcraft installed, and i'm guessing the combination of the two is what's causing it, because if i run minecraft from a commandpront to see errors, i get some kind of concurrent modification exemption.

At first we thought it was our chainsaw, but I finally figured out it only happens when someone places or breaks a torch NEAR MY MACHINE ROOM.
    It will not crash if we place/break torches anywhere else.

and the server doesn't crash, it doesn't even notice anything happens, but anyone that that has that chunk loaded, crashes with that same error.

• 1) I had IC and Buildcraft installed together at first. I was getting crashes with this combo so i went to just IC. Still got crashes.

2) I got another series of crashes today even after I did a fresh install with all the fixes. Here's a rundown of what I did:

- Deleted my .minecraft folder; launched client with "force update" selected; closed client; opened minecraft.jar and deleted meta-inf; copied contents of modloader.zip into minecraft.jar; copied contents of modloadermp.zip into minecraft.jar; copied contents of moadloadermp-hotfix into minecraft.jar; copied contents of mcforge.zip into minecraft.jar; copied soundfix into minecraft.jar; copied players crashfix into minecraft.jar; copied xp orb fix into minecraft.jar; closed minecraft.jar; opened client and got main screen; closed client; copied IC2 client 1.15 into the mods folder.

At first I thought all was well. I was able to go in and mess with the walls and ceiling in my house. However, I recently went in and started messing around again and got several crashes. I've also noticed that if I go near a miner, I get crazy stutter. If I close the client completely, and reload it things are smooth again.

Help!!! I'm using minecraft-servers.com which allows me to select 1.8.1 and Industrialcraft 1.15.