Suggestion: GPS / Electronic Map

• maybe u can use this GPS system and add into :Jetpack: or :Electric Jetpack: tho get navigate :Jetpack: :Electric Jetpack: and you can put way point on and it brings you automatically like a pilot mode XD on a interactive map thingy~~ would require lots of coding im sure but would be sooooo AWESOME~~

I don't think they would ever code an auto pilot but a HUD just like the minimap would be cool but I think in another post Alblaka said they would not do anything to change the HUD so oh well. Though once you've put it into your jetpack how would you get it out? :P

• I mostly suggested it that way because some of the features you proposed would be kinda over powered in a mobile version imho.

I understand what you mean that's sort of way I thought of a sattelite or relay dish kind of thing, just some sort of thing you have to make before you can go around with a supermap. Maybe there could be a placeable block and a GPS, you could use the placeable block to load different areas into the GPS, and I think it would definitely be a good balance that the portable GPS would not be able to have an entity tracker.

• I understand what you mean that's sort of way I thought of a sattelite or relay dish kind of thing, just some sort of thing you have to make before you can go around with a supermap. Maybe there could be a placeable block and a GPS, you could use the placeable block to load different areas into the GPS, and I think it would definitely be a good balance that the portable GPS would not be able to have an entity tracker.

Out of curiousity what are you looking for in this GPS that the map doesn't already do?

• If the holographic map table were to be implemented, I can already see myself setting one up in my base and laughing at all the Creepers I've tagged, with the tracker dart thing that someone else suggested, while watching their frivolous attempts to kill me. And the portable map I imagine as an iPad, for some weird reason...

• If the holographic map table were to be implemented, I can already see myself setting one up in my base and laughing at all the Creepers I've tagged, with the tracker dart thing that someone else suggested, while watching their frivolous attempts to kill me. And the portable map I imagine as an iPad, for some weird reason...

I see it as an Archos7o.

(Don't know what that is? Google it.)

• Out of curiousity what are you looking for in this GPS that the map doesn't already do?

Well from the OP and some suggestions my idea was that the GPS would feature - waypoints, zoom in/out, shows a larger area, centered on player, shows XYZ coordinates without the F3 lagometer, draws 1 eu/s and will use batpack power (and to balance this a way to turn it on/off). But I am liking your idea of a holographic map table kind of thing, which would be more powerful.

• Well from the OP and some suggestions my idea was that the GPS would feature - waypoints, zoom in/out, shows a larger area, centered on player, shows XYZ coordinates without the F3 lagometer, draws 1 eu/s and will use batpack power (and to balance this a way to turn it on/off). But I am liking your idea of a holographic map table kind of thing, which would be more powerful.

Ok, I guess I could see an upgraded map thing as well with the coordinates, waypoints, and zoom though I think it should still only cover the same amount of area as the normal map that you then have to update at another map table once you leave that area. Honestly I guess I'm kinda against anything tat comes close to a full on minimap.

• I see it as an Archos7o.

(Don't know what that is? Google it.)

I'd rather have an iPad but that's just me.

In all seriousness though i'd love to have the map table.

Ooh and you could combine it with the Teleporter coordinates card to have it display maps of farther away places or just to mark teleporter locations on maps.