Automated Cobble Farm W/ IC and BC?

• I was playing Minecraft today with IC2, BC, and EE. I had been farming cobblestone for about 10 minutes for a competition with a friend to see who could get a Klein Star Sphere legitimately first. I was looking at the wiki and reading about the MINER from IC2, and I was wondering, is it possible to make a miner that digs the same block repeatedly as it is filled in by the lava and water? How would one do such a lazy thing? I haven't messed around with MINERs yet, so how do they use pipe? Do they spit it out as it retracts? Could you hook up a BC pipe that just keeps on plugging in a pipe as it is spit out to keep digging? Is there a better way to do this (legit)?

• Official Post

It's easyly possible with a miner and already crashed IR once, due to the mass of cobble produced (and being left uncollected XD).

The basic idea is following
    :Intergrated Plating::Lava Cell::Intergrated Plating:
    :Tin Ore::!::Mining Pipe
    :Intergrated Plating::Coolant Cell::Intergrated Plating:

The ! marks the cobblestone generation, the cells represent Water/Lava Sources.

Miners are somewhat slow. Thus you can even put a diamond drill in and it will for sure never reach the ore, will always attempting to, effectively mining cobblestone en mass.

• Yes, miners are buggy in 1.00. They drill through bedrock. Which is reported to, once they drill through the lowest layer, just drain all the energy available. I don't recall any other bugs offhand.