Bug? Nuclear reactor rejects piped-in coolant cells

• I was trying to automate a -SUC reactor by having BuildCraft pipes keep feeding it with a steady supply of fresh coolant cells to replace burned ones. For some reason, it seems only the top row of the reactor's inventory will accept cells. I built a little test setup with a reactor with one external chamber. I got 4 cells along the top only. Any additional cells piped in are spat out of the reactor as though it were one of the items that don't belong in a reactor. Is this a bug with the pipes, the reactor, or just something to prevent automation?

• Which side of the reactor/chamber did you place the pipe on. Try placeing it on a different side and see if it pumps the cells into a different row.

P.S.
    I recommend piping in Ice.

• I think this is a bug with the reactor chambers, it's as if BuildCraft thinks every reactor is a seperate container, I had this bug too with IC1, when I placed a double chest on top of a generator to charge, and it only placed them in the bottom half..

• Initially, I had it pumping into the top of the main reactor. In my little test, I tried connecting the pipe to both the top and the side of both the reactor and the side chamber. As expected, the pipes ignored the side chamber, but connected fine to the main reactor. However, no matter which entry point to the reactor the cells came in from, they were tossed out after the top row was filled.
    As for each chamber being treated as a separate inventory, I thought the chambers' inventories were organized vertically; three columns for the main reactor, and one for each additional chamber. The pipes were filling only the top space of each column before rejecting more; all four columns, the three main and one extra, had one cell in the top, so it wasn't ignoring the external chamber's part.

• Additional clarification: the 'rejection' isn't like the normal problem with BC, where something is full when the item tries to go into it. In that case, the item falls loose when it hits the end of the pipe. What's happening is the cell is accepted into the reactor just fine, but then is immediately spat out of the top, like it would if you tossed coal into it or something of that nature.

• Official Post

have no BC source\decompile by hand, but it place items in predefined list of container slots, if container have other slots it will fail.

This.
    Try your setup again with a full 6chamber reactor. For code simplicitys sake, even a 1 chamber reactor has all 54 slots, they are just not used and regulary cleared. BC pipe drops stuff into a slot that isnt "permitted" and removes the item from it.

• The full-chambered reactor didn't work so well, since Buildcraft's pipes don't recognize the added reactor chambers as a pipe target, and leaving one side of the reactor open has the same problem as before. But, thanks to Alblaka's explaination, I see this isn't IC2's problem. I guess I'll just to stick with a 0.5 less efficient better-cooled reactor unless BC's pipes get smarter.

• For code simplicitys sake, even a 1 chamber reactor has all 54 slots, they are just not used and regulary cleared. BC pipe drops stuff into a slot that isnt "permitted" and removes the item from it.

Maybe it could be fixed by having the reactor try to move things from hidden slots to free available ones and only start tossing if there's no space. Just if you wanna fix that, not that I'd need it. I prefer solar and geo gens :3

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD