Suggestion: Higher Voltages Through "Coils"

• Name:
    Voltage Multiplier

Describtion:
    Instead of having just one HV Transformer I would like to see a couple (or at least one more) that can effectively output high voltage depending on the EU/s that are being fed to the machine... Example: If I power up 4 different HV Transformers and connect them on all 4 sides to the new Voltage Multiplier I think it should act like an Ignition Coil does in a car, 12 Volts = A couple thousand volts (low current though) 24 Volts = a couple tens of thousands of volts, so in Minecraft 4 inputs at 2000EU/s through 1 output = 8000EU/s, so much easier to work with...

Although this could be made much simpler if the HV Transformer was able to accept and multiply HV that was connected to it. Standard HV Transformer = 2000EU/s, I think if we were able to daisy chain them ultimately doubling and then tripling the amount of current we could easily get 100K EU/s from a string of 5 HV Transformers.

tl;dr - I want higher voltages to be attainable easier, atm to get up to 96K EU/s I have to use 48 HV Transformers which is a huge pain, I think there should be an easier to use block.

Recipe:
    Dont have one in mind, that can come at a later date...

• EU's don't have voltage/amperage. They just have 1 value. Therefore, what you are suggesting would just be creating energy out of nowhere.

• EU's don't have voltage/amperage. They just have 1 value. Therefore, what you are suggesting would just be creating energy out of nowhere.

Not really
    HV transformer would detect size of packet,
    if input packet size < 2000EU: HV output = 2000EU packets
    HV output = 2000EU*2^(log_2(input packet))

->
    input/output packet:
    1-1999 / 2000EU
    2000-3999 / 4000EU
    4000-7999 / 8000EU
    8000-15999 / 16000EU
    16000-31999 / 32000EU

thus you would receive 2000EU more max output per added chained HVT. Though I'm not saying I would like this aproach. For example to reach 32kEU packets you would need 5 chained lossless HVTs, but to actually reach 32kEU/s using this system you would actually need 31 HVTs. 16*2k -> 8*4k -> 4*8k -> 2*16k -> 1*32k
    Currently to feed single HVT fullspeed 2000EU/s you would need 32 storage units. Thus actually sending 100kEU/s as nn04 mentioned isn't really feasible in any scenario.

Biggest problem is moving that EU out of storage. I would actually prefer if all my storages could be configured to output only HV.

Where would one even need packets > 2kEU? There would be little to no gain from this.

tl;dr - I want higher voltages to be attainable easier, atm to get up to 96K EU/s I have to use 48 HV Transformers which is a huge pain, I think there should be an easier to use block.

You seem to be missing something. To get up to 96kEU/s you would need 48HVTs, 1500MFEs/MFSUs(@64EU/s) and lots of cable (and I really do mean lots of it).

Only real benefit you would gain from bigger packet size would be possibility to split current 5-6 extra times. Distance loss is neglible in any scenario anyway.

• You forget one thing. Where are these input packets coming from? You can never get a huge incoming packet like that because you can't make one! (without having it come out of one of course, meaning we get stuck in a paradox)

Herp derp.

I see how it works now. Would be absurdly slow though.

• I think it would be useful in the way of building a larger network. I'm having the problem that my HV network is becoming a little saturated and I just dont feel that building a second network is very elegant. A super-HV facility, either separated or integrated into current HV as proposed above (detecting packet size would probably be the easiest way to do it) would greatly facilitate the building of larger interconnected areas of energy production and consumption.