Lowering the drill's effective against machines

• Okay, I'm just a little upset right now.
    Situation was like this:
    I've been re-building my house, aka re-arranging the walls. While mining the old walls off, I accidently hit my MFSU, which broke. But, i've just klicked it once by accident. I mean, I didn't mean to break it. (Been on a smp server, so stop get tmi and cheat it back, lol.) After testing in SSP, I can confirm that breaking it takes roughly half a second.

My actual point is, what do you have to build a case out of reinforced iron, advanced alloy and even carbon plates when you get something you can break twice as fast as a cobblestone? I mean, for physics sake, a MFSU (and all other (at least) advanced machines) should be mineable as fast as the machines in IC1 with a drill (which means to be way slower). I mean, I didn't need to fear to break machines in IC1 by accident, since it took like 5 seconds to mine them (with a ddrill)... but now.... yah, there goes my MFSU, and I won't get it back "'cause its my own fault".

• Okay, I'm just a little upset right now.
    Situation was like this:
    I've been re-building my house, aka re-arranging the walls. While mining the old walls off, I accidently hit my MFSU, which broke. But, i've just klicked it once by accident. I mean, I didn't mean to break it. (Been on a smp server, so stop get tmi and cheat it back, lol.) After testing in SSP, I can confirm that breaking it takes roughly half a second.

My actual point is, what do you have to build a case out of reinforced iron, advanced alloy and even carbon plates when you get something you can break twice as fast as a cobblestone? I mean, for physics sake, a MFSU (and all other (at least) advanced machines) should be mineable as fast as the machines in IC1 with a drill (which means to be way slower). I mean, I didn't need to fear to break machines in IC1 by accident, since it took like 5 seconds to mine them (with a ddrill)... but now.... yah, there goes my MFSU, and I won't get it back "'cause its my own fault".

Sad part is since the Drill is considered a Pickaxe type tool I don't think its really possible without negating/drastically slowing the effectiveness of all Pickaxes vs the machine.

But I do agree, I've done this alot..

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• I myself see no problem in drastically lowering the effective against them, cause nobody would ever mine a machine with a pickaxe type, when wrenches take them off instantly, and return the actualy machine, and not just a machine block.

• I myself see no problem in drastically lowering the effective against them, cause nobody would ever mine a machine with a pickaxe type, when wrenches take them off instantly, and return the actualy machine, and not just a machine block.

Yea point taken, I get my mods mixed sometimes and forget that this mod's machines are taken with a wrench.

I support weaker pickaxes vs Machines.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• I've not noticed it in IC2 yet. Thank god. Now I'm scared!Machines should definitely be more resistant to the pickaxe class.

Though did once shoot down a batbox in my house with a stray mining laser shot. Oops. :D Was removing a nearby hill.