Wind gen problems...

• I decided that a big wind farm at the top of the world was the best way to power a mass fab... The problem is, I can't put any more up than about 16-20 before my client goes crazy (server is fine, which leads me to believe that the problem is with the presentation rather than the mechanics), and I need 128 or so. What's the difference between these and solar gens? I have a 400+ solar array that's just fine.

Is it because the client can't handle all the overlapping sound effects from the turbines? Is there an easy way to shut them up so I can test that theory? (will removing the .ogg from the .jar break anything?)

• That's what I do, but there's no way I can place the rest of my generators once this starts happening, because I can't get close enough...

But at least knowing that it *is* sound lag means, at a minimum, I can place gens and wait for the storage to fill so they shut off...

• Just in case anyone else has this problem, both turning the sound off via the options, or removing the wind turbine sound file seem work around this problem. :)

• Just in case anyone else has this problem, both turning the sound off via the options, or removing the wind turbine sound file seem work around this problem. :)

Yes, this is a sound engine performance issue which I hope they fix soon :pinch:
    For me, it is present on all generator.

• agreed. I have a measly small 6 or 7 windmill farm and i am starting to have trouble with lag. Thanks for saving me the problem of getting unsatisfied with the world and starting a new world.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• agreed. many of the machines but mostly the generators have this issue, once you move about 16 blocks away from them their sound causes major issues. And top this off with the fact that if a machine is running when you unload the chuck, it'll get stuck running when you return even if it shouldn't be. I have even had machines i wrenched still make sounds this way.

Hence, why I have removed most of the .ogg files from the .jar.