1.23 bug - Personal safe can't be piped into anymore

• It IS possible that it's a buildcraft issue, but I can't pipe objects into a personal safe anymore, as I could before the new version. Kinda tricky to tell which is the cause, when both updates on the same day. If it is, I'll hand it over to ST instead ;)

• I believe this is a feature not a bug.
    I for one dont want to come back into my home and find one of 2 things which has happened.

1. They used a wooden pipe and piped out all my diamonds
    2. They spammed my personal chest with dirt using piping

• Well, I for one liked to have more compact storage, same internal size as a double-chest, but in half the space... Kinda sad to lose that, especially in single-player...

• Official Post

Actually I will check the code and reenable input-into-saves.
    I doubt somebody will get you loads of free recycling material with you complaining about it.

But on the other hand the safe is meant to be used as compressed doublechest, too... and as such it should definitely accept pipeinput.

• Official Post

It appears BC dropped it's own way of handling pipes and instead a much less detailed interface was added into MCForge.. the result is (which i din't know before either), IC ned to switch from the old to the new inteface.. and now things got somewhat more complicated... f.e. you can only assign inventory slots to a specifics blocks side. For all in&outputs.

• I Just finished a big storage room using BC pipes and Personal Safes...
    But i can unterstand that these Safes are used to be save and on the other hand compact.
    Why not putting an option in the config file- so that both is posible ?

• It is not possible, that's the problem. Not with the new interface MCForge forces us to use, that is.
    You probably need to bother SpaceToad to get the BC-one back into.

I will. Hmm... but standard chests work fine, so must be handled differently than other blocks.

• He may have been asking if its possible to add a config option to toggle the piping for people not caring for the security just the compactness.
    I dunno 8|

• *headdesk*
    My bad, strongly missread that one.
    Yes, one could make it config-toggleable I guess. and while on it, i will add a hook to always-enable it in SSP (unless Notch implements a thiev-NPC).

This reminds me of those people stealing ATM's with heavy machinery, taking part of the wall along... Let's hope endermen keep their hands off my safe :P - the sheer picture of one walking off with the safe is hilarious at best :)

Cheers, that solution seems to solve every scenario :)

• Official Post

Just as an FYI to you guys -- Wooden pipes can't pull out of these chests, BUT -- If you have Zeldo's Additional Pipes mod -- Advanced wooden pipes appear to work. YMMV.

I haven't gotten anything to pump INTO a chest though.

• Yea this change broke all my massive machinations since i used Personal Chests as my overflow protection and to miniaturize ;)

If it becomes configurable that personal safes are no longer "safe" I'd be greatly appreciated. Or just add an Iron Chest that has the same properties of a Personal Safe but not safe.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."