Looking for the best Best Efficiency Reactor With Cool down but full cycle.

• I'm trying find out or look for the best efficiently I can get but with some the following rules.
    - Parts never melt so I never have to replace anything
    - Only IC tools no BC and etc.
    - Can have a long cooldown period.
    - Best Efficiency for what I'm asking for <3

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Best I've managed (without recharging uranium cells) is 2.5; most 4 cell S designs can fit the criteria (hint, use only cooling cells and distributors (no plating)); but if you play around for a few min on a simulator you can find a distribution pattern with 3 chambers that minimizes resources and time.

• Very nice and I assume of components don't melt but like the picture get half way they recharge after the cycle?

The 'Cooldown Time' listed is the time need for all the cooling components to fully recover. After that, you can repeat the generation/cooldown cycle again and again and you just need to replace the uranium.

• Ohhh I see so when cooldown is in effect the parts slowly regen? Never really did much nuclear stuff. I always wondered how does one tell without installing special mods hehe.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Yeah, I just ran my own first design on my crappy laptop while at work today (I wanted to see the results at the end and that was a perfect time to have my hardware do nothing). All of my cooling cells returned to normal but the IHDs now have (full) green bars beneath; I assume this prevents them from being used later to say, create additional reactor chambers? Or do I need to let them sit even longer and fully recover? (I don't recall them having health-bars before)

This is the design: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…b6=1n10101001501521s1r01r

It's a +3 chamber Mark II-1 EC, but it's much lighter on resources. Dezu's above design is very likely the limit of what can be done going SUC, automated bucket brigade, or using a redstone timer to pulse the reactor (I explore that idea in another thread).

I'll probably try out the redstone pulsed breeder idea next, but that requires shifting a few things around (redstone is /far/ easier to route in from the side in my case since I set it up in a small bay next to my temp hollow abode).

• It's probably just the HDs carrying just a few points of heat in them still, but don't find that it's enough to transfer to other components, so they just sit with the last bit of heat. Shouldn't make a difference in use with other reactors, just not for making new recipes though.

• That would be a bug then. The thermometer addon has been registering a hull temperature of 0, and I removed all heat generating components. They should transfer their '1' to the hull. It's probably an off by one, or not designing the logic from the correct perspective.

• I saw a better one. It's not too hard to get a full cycle out of a 2x2 square with six chambers and cooling:

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…3k=1k10101001501521s1r11r

That only took me a few min of experimentation and a fuzzy memory of the 'winning' reactor design. I'm sure better can be done, but that's sufficient.

I also came up with a more budget design that will tolerate up to 61% run-time continuously (but not a full unattended cycle). It should be easy enough to build a 20 redstone tick delay loop and operate this at 50% capacity with ample tolerance for redstone failure. The instant output is too much for a batbox, but averaged could be transferred over a batbox relay link without loss.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…ir=1o10101001501521s1r01r

** Edit:
    In case it's unclear, someone else who was here long before me already worked out the upper limit (some basic math says based on cooling and thresh there's no way of getting better) and optimal design.

Further, with the <32eu/T average design you only need an LV stepdown TF and two batboxes at the head end. Those two can then feed in to the next batbox down the leg since the second is only needed to buffer the over-production of eU's during the uptime. Due to wiring/tech level limits you can also use the 60 'continuous' (not pulsed during op but long cooldown after op) mode if you maintain the double width batbox buffering all down the line, though the most resource effective way of doing so forces the use of two parallel transmission circuits.

• Actually the other way around, put in the uran and then try maximize cooling. When bored you wanna make it last as long as possible ya know :)

• Unfortunately, this is using an ice block, which means that it has automated cooling supplying /that/ component rapidly as long as the reactor is running. This does not fit this thread's topic.

• i dont follow?

in game i notice the ice doesn't dissapear. or at least i've left a whole stack of ice in there for a good 30 mins with that combination and the numbers never decreased, nor did the heat levels rise. that's why i thought it was relevant.