Suggestion: Energy Bridge/Lift

• How about some sort of block that, when you apply current to it, spans a gap, similar to a field generator but in a more linear fashion.

Also, maybe a similar mechanism that instead propels a player/mob upwards?

Just a thought.

• The first is easily do-able with the force field addon, the second is a bit more complex however, I am not sure how you would do it.

Wireless Remote + Jump... But don't take my word on it (lol)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• The first is easily do-able with the force field addon, the second is a bit more complex however, I am not sure how you would do it.

The second would work the same way a magnetized pole works; however I remember hearing that had some kind of suffocation issue?

• Yeah, elevator would be nice.
    But one like in BTW where the blocks move. Not just press a button and it (teleports) you to another floor.

• look at zippline mod, it's WIP and non-smp but it have elevator control block which i suppose works this way

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Or, there is a mod out there that actually adds an elevator to Minecraft. I can't remember the user who made it, but I do remember that they also reactivated sponges and created a Lava and Super Sponge.

Edit: Oh, and there is an energy bridge mod out there too.

• I know that mod but 1 block big elevator is just too small.
    I think big elevators (like 5x5) fits IC2 better.
    And i love zipline mod, but its only for 1.7.3.

• I know that mod but 1 block big elevator is just too small.
    I think big elevators (like 5x5) fits IC2 better.
    And i love zipline mod, but its only for 1.7.3.

In that sense, BetterThanWolves apparently has elevators spanning up to 5x5 (I think)

• I love the idea of the btw elevator BUT it doesn't look industrialcraft enough also it would be nice if it would take IC energy AND I'm only playing SMP, so I rely heavily on IC,BC,RP2 and Railcraft.

And using an elevator as in BTW gives you the neat option to place rails and chests and so on on it.

• Yea BTW is SSP only so its not really to be considered as the "solution" it also adds a TON of stuff, some of which overlaps or doesn't integrate well with IC.

Suggesting mods like BC, RP, MF or such works for me because they're meant to work together.

We just need an Elevator of sorts period.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."