[Question] Wrenching mass fabricator with "power" in lighting bolt slots yields advanced machine

• Good day

basicly what the title states, when I wrenched my newly installed mass fab to relocate it I got back a advanced machine. Was kinda frustrated at the loss, made a new one 2 hours later and backed up my save, wrenched it again and it just popped off nicely. So I rebuild my installation it worked fine and i got the the point to upgrade it again and had to relocate. I made sure everything was out of the mass fabricator and it again yielded a advanced machine block rather then a mass fab. The only difference between this and the time it worked properly was that it had power in the "lighting bolt" slot.

Is this a "feature" or a bug ?

*i googled, i searched this forum, couldn't find anything concering this issue

• It's a feature. Mass fabricators are delicate, expensive machines and the risk you run every time you wrench one is that you may lose it.

I was using one earlier yesterday like that and while I did break it, I was also able to wrench it successfully several times when it was powered. So I know it isn't a 100% chance, it's a random number generator and just a coincidence that the time you lost it it was powered.

• Official Post

Wrenching machines usually has a chance to fail, encouraging players not to constantly move around.
    Machines meant to be moved do not have this chance, the mass fabricator clearly isn't one of those, though.

• thanks for your answers on the subject, helped to clear up a few things.
    A bit hesitant to move anything now but that will work out :P

• Wrenching machines usually has a chance to fail, encouraging players not to constantly move around.
    Machines meant to be moved do not have this chance, the mass fabricator clearly isn't one of those, though.

Would a wrench which can't use a batpack,and takes a million EU to charge, and uses a million EU to wrench but is always successful be a good idea?

• Is there any way to make the thing stop giving off it's sound though? I wrench it just for this reason, the sound is absolutely annoying and very loud.

Edit: Nevermind! Lever does the trick. :P