Bug: Wrench sometimes acts like a non-wrench (v1.23)

• Using a wrench on machines (such as a Macerator) sometimes gives back a Machine block. The same thing happens for generators such as Solar Panels, except it gives a normal generator.

Nothing unusual shows up in the console and there aren't any unusual circumstances in use. I can be in creative mode and use a wrench with unchanging energy (or not in creative mode with an electric wrench being used up). In all cases it appears 1 in 5 wrench right clicks will produce a normal machine block or generator. I went through 50 macerators as a test, 10 came back as normal machines. This effect has been occuring on all machines.

• Using a wrench on machines (such as a Macerator) sometimes gives back a Machine block. The same thing happens for generators such as Solar Panels, except it gives a normal generator.

Nothing unusual shows up in the console and there aren't any unusual circumstances in use. I can be in creative mode and use a wrench with unchanging energy (or not in creative mode with an electric wrench being used up). In all cases it appears 1 in 5 wrench right clicks will produce a normal machine block or generator. I went through 50 macerators as a test, 10 came back as normal machines. This effect has been occuring on all machines.

This is normal. If you want to dismount a machine without the loss, use the electric wrench.
    :Wrench: _ _

_ :Electronic Circuit: _
    _ _ :RE Battery:

Bat-pack is a charged/uncharged RE-Battery

• If you want to dismount a machine without the loss, use the electric wrench.

I beg to differ, I just used an electric wrench on 5 recyclers and I had 2 machine blocks drop and 3 recyclers :cursing: . If its a bug I can understand, if its a feature, its the most annoying thing in the mod. It makes it no fun to place machines, you miss click and there's the dread of losing the machine.

Thanks

Wh00pAss

• relax bro you just unlucky

from few wrenches broken and quite a lot of recharges of EWrench, i lost only 1 windgen and 1 recycler

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Well I now started using an electric wrench too. I lost the first two machines, and after 6 more I lost another one.
    In Conclusion I lost 3 of 9 Machines.
    How likely is that?

Im afraid to use the wrench another time ,)

Edit: 4 of 12 now......

• Could you please either make a tool (it can be super high level) that either always has 100% probability, or at /least/ returns the non-renewable resources? (Coaldust and copper in some form are the two things lost for solars. Diamonds and other materials for other machines); or optionally add a config file option to make the electric wrench perfect?

• Was not aware this was a 'feature.' Its fine, and I can understand the reasoning behind it. It just confused the hell out of me because I couldn't find anything about it in the patch notes.

• patch notes? it says so in wrench description on wiki, not clear ehough i guess

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• I personally consider it a defect, at least until it gives back the raw resources used to make things, and hence TMI back up the resources that vanished into thin air due to something you cannot control.

• you actuall can control it to 100% loss-free, place machines flawless, so you wont need to wrench it
    there's no loss on machine placing :D

• you actuall can control it to 100% loss-free, place machines flawless, so you wont need to wrench it
    there's no loss on machine placing :D

There is no loss on machine placing already, it is the removing that is an issue. I dont actually see any reason to have a wrench in the game if it sometimes doesn't work for no discernible reason, which you can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT (actually, according to the heyo-speak, it is due to a lack of engineering skill, so we clearly need a way to increase that skill)

• when you take something apart and then put it back together there's always few bits leftover (c)
    obviously , sometimes those bits are critical :D

seriously - this is ***th thread like this, and it's been explained like above same amount of times; everybody knows that re-assembly is way more complicated than just assembly

• when you take something apart and then put it back together there's always few bits leftover (c)
    obviously , sometimes those bits are critical :D

seriously - this is ***th thread like this, and it's been explained like above same amount of times; everybody knows that re-assembly is way more complicated than just assembly

Ok, then why dont we get those bits back? Or when Steve fails, does he throw the excess in the nearest lava pit/ Crush it under his boot?

• see - you getting it :D