[Addon v1.112]BioMaterialsv3.2.0

• I had an idea earlier to the effect of this, which makes the process a little more based on reality, (not that that's ever been very important in Minecraft) as well as allowing wood to be used in this process as well.

Instead of using straight plantballs, you would instead be able to burn plantballs for some amount of charcoal. (perhaps configurable in the config, by default, let's say you get 3 per plantball) You'd then have to macerate charcoal into charcoal dust (maybe integrate into charcoal dust mod?) and craft nine of these in a crafting table, to receive a Big Pile of Charcoal Dust. Compressing this yields a Charcoal Ball, and after that, the recipes are completely configurable in the config, with around 4-5 items added by this mod, to represent ever larger amounts of compressed charcoal (Not all of which are used by default).
    By default, the recipes go: 8 charcoal dust + 1 Charcoal Ball (9 charcoal) = 1 Lump of Charcoal (17 charcoal), which is then compressed into 1 coal. This may sound OP at first, but consider that it would take 1088 (17 stacks of) pieces of wood to make one diamond in this way, slightly more then the total number of plant material currently needed, and 2901.3 (45.3 stacks) of other plant material, which should be reduced... buuuut, the plantballs to charcoal ratio above already provides over TWICE as much EU per plant versus biofuel cans... Maybe if it instead directly gave charcoal dust, it could be a higher plants to charcoal ratio?

Also, if you really wanted to be a hippie sustainability advocate, you could also add recipes which allow you to use more charcoal/coal to replace flint and bricks/iron/obsidian in the later steps.

• Man, do you know how that would fit into the mod?Very bad!
    And when you want Weaponary, wait for Industrium Conflict.

you dont have to use them on players

• I think I've either got unexpected interactions with another mod, or there's recipies here that shouldn't be.
    After upgrading to Core 4.0.0 and BioMaterials 3.2.0, it appears that the compressed bio ball is being registered in the Forge Ore Dictionary as ingotUranium, and that normal bio-balls can be formed from four glass arranged in a diamond in the crafting grid.

Edit: Figured it out. Removed this and the recipies produced Atomic Science items, so unusual interaction with that mod.

• Yeah, I was. Except every time there's been an update, it seems to reset the ID's used. I've had to re-set them again because it looks like the config file changed somehow, so it ignored the old entries and reassigned them to conflicting ID's.

• I had an idea earlier to the effect of this, which makes the process a little more based on reality, (not that that's ever been very important in Minecraft) as well as allowing wood to be used in this process as well.

Instead of using straight plantballs, you would instead be able to burn plantballs for some amount of charcoal. (perhaps configurable in the config, by default, let's say you get 3 per plantball) You'd then have to macerate charcoal into charcoal dust (maybe integrate into charcoal dust mod?) and craft nine of these in a crafting table, to receive a Big Pile of Charcoal Dust. Compressing this yields a Charcoal Ball, and after that, the recipes are completely configurable in the config, with around 4-5 items added by this mod, to represent ever larger amounts of compressed charcoal (Not all of which are used by default).
    By default, the recipes go: 8 charcoal dust + 1 Charcoal Ball (9 charcoal) = 1 Lump of Charcoal (17 charcoal), which is then compressed into 1 coal. This may sound OP at first, but consider that it would take 1088 (17 stacks of) pieces of wood to make one diamond in this way, slightly more then the total number of plant material currently needed, and 2901.3 (45.3 stacks) of other plant material, which should be reduced... buuuut, the plantballs to charcoal ratio above already provides over TWICE as much EU per plant versus biofuel cans... Maybe if it instead directly gave charcoal dust, it could be a higher plants to charcoal ratio?

Also, if you really wanted to be a hippie sustainability advocate, you could also add recipes which allow you to use more charcoal/coal to replace flint and bricks/iron/obsidian in the later steps.

I was going to suggest something very similar to this. Have each carbon based plant material yield a certain amount of carbon dust (the charcoal dust would work), then balance the plant/diamond off a carbon dust / diamond based system.

having some sort of cooking involved would make sense, as you would want to remove the non carbon components of the plant (mainly water). I would say cook plant ball -> 1 carbon dust then 8 carbon dust -> carbon chunk (in compressor) then 8 carbon chunk -> 8 dense carbon chunk -> diamond (in compressor). This would then take 512 plant balls, or 8 stacks of them to make 1 diamond. for using non-plant ball materials, say have the recipe be X plants -> 1 carbon dust (in furnace), where X corresponds to the rarity of the plant.

This would allow the system to handle a wide variety of plants, including those which cannot be turned into plant balls.

This way you can more easily add a bunch of different plants (ie mod compatability) by just adding a carbon dust value to their plants.

• I will consider adding a way for wood to be used to make diamonds, but I'm not going to add in a whole new machine for burning plants

one thing about that. its almost impossible unless it gets trap under a rock for 10000 years. the extreme pressure and heat would eventually turn it to diamonds but not in a couple days

• I will consider adding a way for wood to be used to make diamonds, but I'm not going to add in a whole new machine for burning plants

the way I mentioned doesn't need a new machine, it uses compressor and furnace, use furnace to get the carbon dust, then use compressor to make it into the diamonds after compressing a few times.

If I was going to suggest a new machine, it would be a CVD (chemical vapour deposition) machine for growing diamonds, which can produce fairly large diamonds in a few days.

• ye, well it's MC not irl ;)

i know.
    what about making a new multi block. by putting geo thermal generators next to a compressor what make geothermal compressor(still about iffy on the name)
    first you create a log pile by using 3 wood logs in line then you use 3 log piles in line with 3 leaves atop and 3 uncooked fish to make sediment. you put the sediment in a river/ocean biome (underwater) for 5 minecraft days. over this time it will have changed to fossilized amber then you put the fossilized amber into the geothermal compressor. it will take 20 minecraft days until your fossilized amber turns into diamond.

you can tweak the numbers to make it more balanced