[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• I tried to download the old version and it didnt work. i didnt realize it was the old version :S . Cant wait for the new one :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trolololololololololololol. (spam)

• Srry for the spaming... Take your time, real life time is more important than games (at least for most of the world.) Still cant wait though

• Official Post

v0.89 is out, adding missile defense systems and support for IC2 v1.95. Consider this a pre-release, there are still a few known bugs (defense laser graphics don't always fire in the right direction, certain blocks look funky in your inventory) and SMP isn't supported yet. v0.9 is next on the agenda - it'll add bugfixes and SMP. Then comes the satellite update, and finally the Mad Science Pack - including freeze rays, cloning vats, and plasma throwers (among other nifty gadgets) - before Rocket Science is declared complete.

(Please note that the install instructions have changed - I had to modify EnergyNet to get defense module communication working)

• Woot got the first download!! Thanks for updating the mod. Know that the time you spent and all the trouble you went through is most appreciated. Your rock!! :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:

• Love this mod, particularly the missiles and superconductors, but with the new missile defence systems etc I have noticed something that bugs me. When the system detects the incoming missiles, destroys them, and then launches countermeasures, the missiles launched don't go to where the original incoming one originated. I haven't yet tested with actually setting a destination in the targeter, but by default, the missiles just launch straight up and fall back down where they started, effectively producing more missiles the system needs to defend from. Perhaps make it check if the missile actually has a target before launch, or maybe upgrade the radar/targeter (or add a new block - Trajectory Tracker maybe?) to acquire the launch point? Also, I don't know what causes it, but for some reason the text part of the GUI for stuff involving missile defence is a bit lower than what it should be (ie the image is in the right place, but the text is lower on the screen). Finally, it might be helpful if the player can select, in the defence control, how many missiles to launch per counter attack, thus allowing one to have a silo capable of responding to multiple threats at different times without needing to be reloaded. Overall, brilliant mod. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

• Long time reader and watcher of this mod and first time tryer must say I am blown away by this mod.

I also must say that I like how this mod handles block ID conflicts, it didnt crash me just didnt load the mod and kept goin.

That said I broke my new not spawning items rule just to see some missiles fly and I was not disappointed.

Keep up the good work and now to think up designs for my missile silo since RP frames have finally come out. Now we can all design silo doors and blast doors proper.

• Awesome work man keep it up and don't ever stop updating this mod, or else ;)

But i am having troubles because it does not seem to work with forestry, but i can live without forestry for now im just trying to help u out improve this mod.

P.S. Can't wait for SMP support il use it in my LP

• There is a block ID conflict using the default ID's. I changed the rocket science ID's to 182-186 and it works fine.

I have a request for the SMP implementation. Could you make the destructive missles able to be disabled via config settings. (nuke, lava...) Great for SSP, but not for non-PVP servers.
    Thanks and keep up the great work. Really great mod.

• Official Post

cpy: There are currently no plans to port Rocket Science to Bukkit. That was the original idea, yes, but it was based on the faulty assumption that Bukkit was easier to develop for than vanilla SMP, and I think I've said so several times already. If someone else wants to take on that task once the full version is released, they can go wild.

Lmcgyver: Missiles launched via the targeting block will always use the block's coordinates, which default to zero. This is intentional. Suppose that your arch-nemesis Bob has a number of missile silos spread across the continent, and a single primary base linked to all of them via cheap tin cables. If your defense system automatically targeted the origin of the incoming missiles, you'd blow up his now-empty silos and leave his base unscathed - whereas under the current system you can have your missiles aimed at his base, just waiting for him to pull the trigger...

I haven't seen your GUI issues during testing - screenshots would be appreciated. (I like the idea of further defense system customization, but this release was kind of rushed. Maybe I'll get the chance to implement it later. I also want the option to configure your defense system to ignore non-nuclear missiles, in case your foes lob a bunch of cheap incendiaries at you to drain your lasers before they send the nukes)

Killgore: Sure, once SMP compatibility is fully realized, there will be plenty of config options. Disabling missiles (or just nukes) is definitely something that will be included. Some people think the fusion reactor is overpowered (rubbish!), so I guess I'll let them prevent their players from building one.

• There is a block ID conflict using the default ID's. I changed the rocket science ID's to 182-186 and it works fine.

I have a request for the SMP implementation. Could you make the destructive missles able to be disabled via config settings. (nuke, lava...) Great for SSP, but not for non-PVP servers.
    Thanks and keep up the great work. Really great mod.

Thnx i fixed it but the weird thing is that it did not show any ID conflicts.