[Suggestion][PVP][SMP] Force Field / Shields / Defence Grid! Kane's Dream Mod / Feature!

• I tried talking about this before and I kind of failed. I made a video here if you like to watch of the dream mod / feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_b9xhU-uFM

Pretty much Industrialcraft is a wonderful wicked mod for PVP. Smaller Maps like 2000 x 2000 maybe bigger maybe smaller depending on the players. Pretty much the game is true survival. You must advance to a certain age of technology before life gets any nicer to you. What you need to do is get good enough big enough etc to end up creating a Forcefield / Shield / Defence Grid or whatever name you like. Once you get this baby online she will suck and suck and oh WoW does she ever suck EU's. The point of this is it's 100% unbreakable under anything. Nukes, TnT, Players, Drills, Mobs NOTHING!

WHY NOTHING?? DERP EASY MODE? No not really I mean you would have a config file maybe EU costs and some math but also max size of this generator etc. But really the point of the game is to reach a tech where you can be safe in your own home... I mean hell this not going to do much for you outside your home.. The point is to survive and save enough resources to actually sustain the generator and keep going. From there you still want to expand but also conquer and etc.

This puppy take so much energy it can't even be mobile and if it was it would last tops 1-2 minutes on a 1mil eu crystal expanding maybe 5 blocks out tops...

Anyways I think this would bring an amazing challenge to IC for people who might be more into PVP. I think this be a wonderful SMP feature to add overtime into IC and also wonderful opportunityto create a mod/addon to IC with this.

Anyways I hope you like it and let me know what you think!

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I think this is a great idea. Why? Because most servers out there are build IC or PVE ...and normally we don't get to use force fields / shields etc that much.
    This will create an oppurtunity for players to experience some intense Action/Strategy game!

• From http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=1887

Transferred from the IC2 titanpad: http://icpad.titanpad.com/4

New set of energy field blocks:

• Structural integrity field makes every block within range have significantly increased explosive resistance and be unmineable and will prevent building. Interfacing it with a computer can make it so that certain users can build there while others cannot.
    • New Forcefield for IC2, just lik the old bubble field in IC 1. Though it would be nice if when you start one up underwater it removed all of the water sources within it and replaced the after it is shut down again. As well linking it to a computer would make it so certain people can just walk right through.
    • Field wall generator. used by placeing 2 of them apart from eachother and attaching iron fences to define the height, field is then projected between any other fence attached to a field wall generator that is in a direct line. Fences can also be attached from the side to make force floors and ceilings. possible to make a box by placing 4 of them. Also possible to used them as cancelers for bubble fields to create openings in the bubble field.
    • Both of the Above field generators can then be upgraded (possibly with iridium?) to a covert field generator which uses more energy but can have a block placed into it to make the field look like that block.
  • Some of what you are suggesting has already been done in add-on form... the only thing (I think) you might want is a GUI based system for alignments with factions...

and EMP based weapons, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Some of what you are suggesting has already been done in add-on form... the only thing (I think) you might want is a GUI based system for alignments with factions...

SSP right now though has a future chance of working for SMP :P But actually not a bad point. Some kind GUI to add friends names to the list would be beyond badass.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

Can we have EMP weapons? like some tools that can block MSFU's so they can't receive or give power to other machines for a limited amount of time. ... This would be great idea for a SMP based PVP/IC server....

• This would be awesome! Also, Al has shown that he is capable of PvP through Medieval Craft. However, if the mod became more PvP focused, there could be some issues with Industrial rage because of its status has a build/ non-pvp server.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• Can we have EMP weapons? like some tools that can block MSFU's so they can't receive or give power to other machines for a limited amount of time. ... This would be great idea for a SMP based PVP/IC server....

idk why not... I'd love to have something that can harm electronic infrastructure more than just 'hit it very hard, and very fast' methods of combat... Course, I was thinking more along the lines of wiping MSU's and such clean of their energy reserves, and vaporizing cables due to the overloads as well... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.