[Addon 1.42] Iron Chests V0.9.5

• Let's do some planning for password GUI's

Here's what i know:
    I've never seen GUI's that send text from client to server. So, I assumed this is hard or impossible (please tell me you can do that).
    What I plan to do is a 10 digit password input buttons, with a text displaying the password you entered, another button will try and validate.
    Also, I can combine this with the idea of multi-owner chest, where when players enters the correct password, they will be added to the owners list.
    To change the pass, just destroy and re-put the chest.

• Is it possible someone could link me their IronChest.cfg file please? I am having a block ID problem which isn't fixable by ID resolver. I need to change the block ID manually, and the cfg isn't generating properly.

• Is it possible someone could link me their IronChest.cfg file please? I am having a block ID problem which isn't fixable by ID resolver. I need to change the block ID manually, and the cfg isn't generating properly.

# Configuration file
    # Generated on 04/11/11 1:00 PM

###########
    # General #
    ###########

general {
    chestAnimation=true
    }

#########
    # Block #
    #########

block {
    blockGoldChest=252
    blockIronChest=251
    }

########
    # Item #
    ########

item {
    guiGoldChest=33
    }

• Wanted to confirm that the Iron Chest insta-break bug is fixed.. Really liking this mod for SSP!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Think you didn't see me request

I'm still thinking about it

Let's do some planning for password GUI's

Here's what i know:
    I've never seen GUI's that send text from client to server. So, I assumed this is hard or impossible (please tell me you can do that).
    What I plan to do is a 10 digit password input buttons, with a text displaying the password you entered, another button will try and validate.
    Also, I can combine this with the idea of multi-owner chest, where when players enters the correct password, they will be added to the owners list.
    To change the pass, just destroy and re-put the chest.

• Cool mod, I just hope everything in my chests doesn't magically disappear one day <_<

I noticed a bug with the animation on the gold chests, it has about a half second delay... Iron chests seem to be fine though.

SMP by the way.

• Cool mod, I just hope everything in my chests doesn't magically disappear one day <_<

I noticed a bug with the animation on the gold chests, it has about a half second delay... Iron chests seem to be fine though.

SMP by the way.

I just merged some code, I think it should be fixed for the next version.

I thought the player who placed the chest is the "chestadmin" and can add members to it

Yeah, but I'm not sure if passing text in GUI's is do-able or relatively simple to do.
    I'm just throwing an idea that I think would be programmatically simple to achieve, which would end up with relatively the same result.

Basically, if you had a password chest, you'd enter the password everytime, and you would be able to change the password.
    This is like giving other people privileges into chests.
    Sure I can make this into a login-and-enter-password-every-time chest, but i can also just make the user never enter the password again (which idea is better?)
    Also, for adding members to a certain chest, I think it would just be easier that you give the password, since it can get quite complicated(programmatically) on how to put the interface of text entering, sending to server, etc...

• Yeah, but I'm not sure if passing text in GUI's is do-able or relatively simple to do.
    I'm just throwing an idea that I think would be programmatically simple to achieve, which would end up with relatively the same result.

Basically, if you had a password chest, you'd enter the password everytime, and you would be able to change the password.
    This is like giving other people privileges into chests.
    Sure I can make this into a login-and-enter-password-every-time chest, but i can also just make the user never enter the password again (which idea is better?)
    Also, for adding members to a certain chest, I think it would just be easier that you give the password, since it can get quite complicated(programmatically) on how to put the interface of text entering, sending to server, etc...

But if others find out the password they could open the chest and that's the advantage of the member system

• But if others find out the password they could open the chest and that's the advantage of the member system

True, but that's why you make sure you don't give out passwords to anyone.
    The member system (as far as I can think of) will be very complicated to code, not to mention how it will be complicated to use, and might be buggy.

• True, but that's why you make sure you don't give out passwords to anyone.
    The member system (as far as I can think of) will be very complicated to code, not to mention how it will be complicated to use, and might be buggy.

Well, just look into it and ask some other devs. I am happy either way.

• Gah! Stop it! I'm trying to build a version for bukkit. Every time I get a jar done- it's updated again! :D

Seriously, I've got this down pat now. Looks like it ports easily to bukkit. If you're interested I can share my work, when I've got 0.94 done :)

• Gah! Stop it! I'm trying to build a version for bukkit. Every time I get a jar done- it's updated again! :D

Seriously, I've got this down pat now. Looks like it ports easily to bukkit. If you're interested I can share my work, when I've got 0.94 done :)

I'll be done for a while (expect a day or two for next updates at least), gonna work on the password lock and think about shared personal chests.

Also, I'll post my code you Github later on if anyone is interested.

Oh and if you don't mind, I can post a link to your bukkit port.

• Damn, you are killing it with the chest updates.... I love it! Nice to see some great item compartmentalization work... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Might I recommend you change the recipe for the diamond chest to at least a diamond block required? Ideally diamond blocks on the upper part, diamonds on the lower part. These things are a bit too large for only a single diamond used and some glass. Nice mod though.

• For your delectation...

It's very easy. The only thing needed above and beyond the net.minecraft.src->net.minecraft.server package rename is to implement "getContents" on your TileEntityVeryLargeChest class (to satisfy the expanded Bukkit IInventory interface).

Code
    public ItemStack[] getContents(){  return this.inventory;}

Enjoy!
    Edit: of course feel free to reattach the bukkit port to the front page. I'll post a reference over on mcportcentral too, if you don't mind.