[BUG] [1.23] Tin Ore generation

• Is there something wrong with Tin generation?
    Here's what happened:
    I was running a large BC quarry and here's a cross-section of the world

Do you see the pattern?

• You're better off editing the list of blocks (see the tutorial section of the forum for info) for any other mods and then using the automated miner from industrialcraft to get resources. Unless you like cobblestone, gravel, and dirt; or want a large open pit for your base/mob trap.

The /filler/ however is excellent at getting rid of caves.

• Wow, that's... suspiciously even spacing, isn't it? Precisely the size of a chunk, if I'm not mistaken. The copper deposits don't seem to be affected though, which is weird, since they use the same code. That's our tin, right, not RedPower World's?

Good to know you noticed it XD

When I generated it, I only had IC2 1.15 and BC 2.2.2

I was making a hole to build structures in.

• Wow, that's... suspiciously even spacing, isn't it? Precisely the size of a chunk, if I'm not mistaken. The copper deposits don't seem to be affected though, which is weird, since they use the same code. That's our tin, right, not RedPower World's?

Just confirmed. We have these things called Quantum ways just big long 5x5 I think was 12 13 from bedrock path. Anyways one of them ran through tin and it was exactly like above picture for as far as our border let us go.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• My test environment isn't generating terrain that looks like that. I might have to try it in-game when I get home. Do you happen to have the seed and coords (including Y) of a sample where this is happening?

Yup

-44 17 -1227

Dig North to South it seems to be the best way.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I'll have to investigate more when I get home and get my real game. But unless my test environment is well and truly screwed up, it seems Minecraft can't generate deposits of anything (vanilla ores, dirt, anything) where X % 16 > 8. Deposits can be drawn through those stripes occasionally, but they can't start there. Odd.

So you're saying that /half/ the chunk likely won't have ore? That... actually sounds like something I've experienced before, but didn't have a large enough sample size to conclude it was anything more than bad luck.

• Official Post

So you're saying that /half/ the chunk likely won't have ore? That... actually sounds like something I've experienced before, but didn't have a large enough sample size to conclude it was anything more than bad luck.

Yeah. I didn't think I saw it happening when I opened up a slice of ground on one of my live maps, but I swear upon my IDE that statistical sampling of the locations of any ore (vanilla or IC2) in my test environment gets things like this every time:

• In any event, the Z numbers do look quite regular in terms of mean and median. While the mean of the X numbers agrees it's clear that it's distribution is highly flawed.

An OD (not OV) scanner can of course be used to validate these observations more easily by scanning in regions based on the values 4 and 12 (that is, standing at X%16 = 4 should give you ore, while X%16 = 12 should not).