[Suggestion] "Balanced" nuke recipe

• Current nuke recipe is not fun - requre only 2 machines (compressor and generator) and 4 uran to be created.
    This allow anyone to undone days of gameplay in 10-30 minutes, with xray - 5-10 minutes.
    Since machines not private, griefer may use machines already on map for this.

Suggestion is simple, use "Re-Enriched Uranium Cell" as component of nuke.

Enrichment process takes long time, require reactor and full set of machines to craft everything, most users dont have any enriched cells to steal and craft into, this factors will make griefing with nukes much more harder and time consuming, ever with xray harvesting everything and crafting reactor will take hours, enrichment also will take hours.

Currently only option is disable nukes at all, or drop explosion power, in both cases "legit" usage of nuke is crippled.

Complete suggestion is:

Where :Coal Dust: is gunpowder
    :Enriched Cell: is
    Re-Enriched Uranium Cell

:Coal Dust: :Enriched Cell: :Coal Dust:
    :Coal Dust: :Enriched Cell: :Coal Dust: = :Nuke TNT:
    :Coal Dust: :Enriched Cell: :Coal Dust:

• Not a bad idea in some ways. But I rather just go to players reactors and remove their cooling cells instead..

See what I did there?

If you can't bring in a mature community then your going have issues no matter what you do. Suggestion? Remove nukes period set everything to 0.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I would like to point out:
    Not only can you make nukes with this(coal dust is gunpowder):
    :Coal Dust::Uranium Ingot::Coal Dust:
    :Uranium Ingot::Coal Dust::Uranium Ingot: = :Nuke TNT:

You can also do this!
    :Coal Dust::Uranium::Coal Dust:
    :Uranium::Coal Dust: :Uranium: = :Nuke TNT:
    :Coal Dust::Uranium::Coal Dust:

At least last time I checked... :S

think in 1.23 alba removed teh raw way and nerfed teh compresser way. before it was 1 nuke for raw and 2 for compressed, now its 1 for compressed and no raw way.

It's the idea of playing with atomic power, I am not perfect, same as any other human. Therefor, human = mistakes, mistakes = bad things, bad things + atomic fusion = very bad things. :cursing: :Nuke TNT: :cursing:

GO GREEN!

• The complex nature of this mod and the time required to build up the tech tree pretty much require a paid whitelist from the getgo.

That being said, the recipe represented looks much more like a Dirty Bomb (A conventional explosive laced with radioactive material) then any sort of proper nuke. A true nuke requires a precise reaction to explode properly. I'd like to see this current type of nuke's explosion being reduced by a factor of 4, and a new recipe drawn up that involves a few Advanced Circuits being thrown in (To help control the reaction)

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• One thing is that there are many SMP mods/plugins to protect/rollback even huge areas.
    Secondly, actual recipe in my opinion really needs some change/s.
    It may look like this:
    :Uranium Ingot::Advanced Circuit::Uranium Ingot:

:Coal Dust: - gunpowder
    :Uranium Ingot: - uranium ingot/cells

I think it takes quite some time to get one nuke using this recipe.

• both breeder reactor few compressors and advanced circuits and aux power source needed for real nuke.

also viable option to have nuke as TE object with cells loaded after placement, this will allow to put not fully enriched cells for less power, but still explosion.

• both breeder reactor few compressors and advanced circuits and aux power source needed for real nuke.

also viable option to have nuke as TE object with cells loaded after placement, this will allow to put not fully enriched cells for less power, but still explosion.

But don't forget, we don't use fuses for explosion anymore, sooo, we need smthing instead it.
    Why dont we add clock into the recpie? That would cost more cause of gold, and t could be used as fuse and timer.

Moreover, just making it like clock+circit+gunpownder+cells will make it raw, just a bunch of electrythingys with cell and pownder.

We need to put it somwhere, somwhere where our uranium wont hurt us.
    Why dont we put it into a box of advanced alloy or integrated reactor plantings when? That will make proper "box" for our nuke.
    And that wont damage the realism you whant, as we still need small uranium for the reaction.

I ended up with this:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: MinecraftSlime
    :Uranium Cell: :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Circuit:

MinecraftSlime -clock
    :Coal Dust: -gunpownder
    :Intergrated Plating: -planting\alloy

And i think we need to change it texture to proper color if we will but into a "box" of alloy or the thingy you would like, so it wouldn't like a stack of dynamite with "nuke" label on it.

Edit it in the "source code" tab, remove the excessive line breaks.
    Then i will read it.

Oh, thx, it worked.

• Or we could get even more specific and add two ITNT blocks tot he mix... Here's how I'd imagine the recipe:

That is a clock, an advanced circuit, 2 industrial TNT, 3 refined uranium and 2 re-enriched uranium cells.

Expensive i know but nukes are supposed to be expensive. right? Not a griefers goto tool as soon as he finds some uranium ore.

• ITNT looks fine. Overall recipe looks very reasonable too, but i still don't like 2 re-enriched cells.