Suggestion: Multi-Functional Black Hole Storage Unit

• MFBU: Multi-Functional Black Hole Storage Unit

I feel and mainly on servers it would be a good time to add a new Power Storage Unit. Something epic something big and great for populated servers so you don't have 50 MFU's everywhere. Black Hole Storage Unit would store say 50-100Mil EU. Would use a lot of diamonds and I mean diamonds after diamonds haha.

Maybe something like Requires 6 MFSU's if you like to go crazy though most people might just end up making MFSU's and keeping them that way if its not rewarding enough. All I can say its time for a new storage device!

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I like the name ZPM better, and I have to say, That is a really good reason for adding a T4 storage block. I certainly would like it, as long as it comes with a t4 storage item as well, because emitting 2k power and having it last another 2.5x as long when experimenting is quite nice.

• Erm, what does this "ZPM" stand for? :P

Zero Point Module. Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis(TV show)) device capable of producing "infinite" energy from a material's Zero Point, or in the show's case, a vacuum space.

Search it up on Google, quite interesting physics behind it.

PS. If I offended any SG fans here, sorry. I'm a bit rusty on my SG tech.

• True, They dont store infinite energy, but it does store immense amounts, but I think it actually does store energy, not generate it.

However, now that I am awake, and actually capable of thinking logically.

The name doesnt matter, not really. The mechanics matter. I think this would be a highly useful object, and I certainly would use it, even on my small scale server.

• Yeah I mean I just hit 2,000+ Solar Panels 20+ MFSU's and we want more and on a large server storing energy has its uses even SSP.

• Server must really like you with 2000 solar panels lol

To solve lag issues there should be tier 2 and tier 3 solar panels (and windgens etc) which have more cost/output but make less lag and are smaller.

I run the server myself. I run with well over 30+ Online and we have never dropped under 20TPS. Its stable and runs great.

• I'm always amazed at the raw power that a dedicated server can muster. 2,000 solar panels? Fluff that off, it's no big weight! Especially if you're using smart use of colored cables, you can reduce the drag considerably by prevent cross-traffic.

On to subject though, an Extreme Voltage storage would be pretty neat. Intakes any power, outputs EV. For those times that you absolutely HAVE to give cancer to everyone standing near the wire! And if we're following the scheme of the other storage, then it should likely store on the order of 75mil, based on a rough estimation of storage growth rates.

Alternatively, I'd love to see multi-block storage that integrated itself. Similar to the nuclear reactor, having a large machine that stored power would be a nice pillar in the middle of the community from which flows the glory of electric life... I know that you can simply stack MFSU's outputting towards each other to create a "storage tower" but still... I like big creations :P

PS. If I offended any SG fans here, sorry. I'm a bit rusty on my SG tech.

No, you're good.
    And, just FYI, they work through wormholes in the quantum foam to artificially created pockets of subspace-time, where all the zero-point energy gets sucked out, the pocket reaches maximum entropy and collapses, and the ZPM becomes nothing more than a very nice paperweight.

God, I am a nerd. Still, it would be pretty awesome to see one in-game. I can imagine what you would plug it into... xD

• No, you're good.
    And, just FYI, they work through wormholes in the quantum foam to artificially created pockets of subspace-time, where all the zero-point energy gets sucked out, the pocket reaches maximum entropy and collapses, and the ZPM becomes nothing more than a very nice paperweight.

God, I am a nerd. Still, it would be pretty awesome to see one in-game. I can imagine what you would plug it into... xD

Thanks for the mini refresher, and don't worry about being a nerd. We all are at some point in time.

Oh, if you guys want to give a high energy storage device a go, try out the AdvGenerators addon, the creator added a Plasma-based energy storage (stationary and portable)