Lava Cell Factory

• If anybody has a lava Cell :Lava Cell: factory could you either a. make a tutorial on how to make one or b. just explain how to make one? because I'm having trouble on how to make one because i have a huge lava storage and nothing to do with it :( any help is much appreciated :thumbup:

• If anybody has a lava Cell :Lava Cell: factory could you either a. make a tutorial on how to make one or b. just explain how to make one? because I'm having trouble on how to make one because i have a huge lava storage and nothing to do with it :( any help is much appreciated :thumbup:

in the words of #5: Need input
    What other mods do you have installed?
    I've had one working in the past in my test world but it requires the Bucket filler and Additional pipes Buildcraft addons. (as well as buildcraft itself, obviously)

It's a straightforward build though. Lava buckets get filled via the bucket filler. Empty buckets get stuffed in via regular pipes (or an advanced insertion pipe) and an advanced wooden pipe pulls the filled bucket out.

from there you drop the filled buckets into a auto crafting table input chest and then extract the empty buckets with an advanced wooden, back to the filler.

the number of buckets cycling through the system depends on how your powering the bucket filler. With redstone you can get away with just one.

• Yeah, I have one... but bear in mind it uses an add-on called additional Pipes: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ional-buildcraft-objects/

Primary line of tanks from which I store lava in. Easier and cheaper to contain lava in BC tanks than constantly make cells (consume tin) when I'm just collecting lava initially. Geothermals are (temporally) powering the 7 pumps which create cells as lava is vented from tanks.

Redpower line connecting to vent pipes. It's unconnected right now due to a constant lack of tin on my end, but on redstone trigger, the valve pipes vent lava below the pumps, where it's quickly consumed and thus processed into cells for EU

Redstone engines are collectively tied together on a line to take out cells from the Iron Chests (another add-on) and thus ejected into the teleport pipe (BC add-on) for storage. Later, that teleport pipe will link to a proper 'Thermal Induction Coil' plant which harvests the Lava Cells immediately for EU..

Bear in mind that this setup is slightly incomplete, and regardless of format, you either run into
    A. Tin consumption issues...
    B. BC space issues with bucket looping...

Either case, hope this helps!

Edit: With this, I have 946 lava cells, or 18.3 Million EU in stored energy. Doesn't count some of the cells I've already used, and doesn't account for the exponential amount of energy I can 'manufacture' with this method later...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Another thing you can do is add lava to the list of valuable ores in the IC2 config (it's ID 11), and then head to the Nether with a miner and some pumps :P

Kind of cheating, but you don't need anything but IC2 stuff to do it.

• Cells shouldnt be consumed when used they should turn back into empty cells. I know some ppl dont want that so maybe a config option?

I don't mind the lava cell consumption... but it is a hassle and a half to go thru blocks of Tin like burning paper... lol

Thankfully, I have a few alchemy mods to alleviate this problem, but I may just dedicate another resource to facilitate fuel cell production...

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• Cells shouldnt be consumed when used they should turn back into empty cells. I know some ppl dont want that so maybe a config option?

If you're really concerned with the tiny amount of tin it takes (relatively) than just cycle buckets around to the generator directly. gets rather more complicated that way though.
    My current setup just makes lava cells which I load up to the generators manually. Much easier to just dump a stack in a generator. Course I only have 2 generators and have since used up all of my lava storage (must find a nice ravine to drain)

• If you're really concerned with the tiny amount of tin it takes (relatively) than just cycle buckets around to the generator directly. gets rather more complicated that way though.
    My current setup just makes lava cells which I load up to the generators manually. Much easier to just dump a stack in a generator. Course I only have 2 generators and have since used up all of my lava storage (must find a nice ravine to drain)

Can't you just move your whole lava cell factory to the Nether? A buildcraft pump will more or less try to drain the whole lava ocean if you let it (not sure what their actual range is)

• If you're really concerned with the tiny amount of tin it takes (relatively) than just cycle buckets around to the generator directly. gets rather more complicated that way though.

BC tanks take care of the storage... Glass is 'dirt cheap' and easy to use after crafting.

I have 32 Generators, and they tie to 2 MFE's on an 8 by 4 winged setup. From the volume of liquid that I'm able to pump, I chew threw BLOCKS of Tin like no tomorrow trying to refined my stored liquid for electricity. I eventually had to create a custom recipe with refined iron and a slightly higher empty cell yield to make up for this deficit (due to the fact that I can 'grow' iron more easily than tin)...

But on the plus side, I use this setup for 'wireless energy', so it's not that big of a deal once I get my cells in my generators.. lol

• BC tanks take care of the storage... Glass is 'dirt cheap' and easy to use after crafting.

I have 32 Generators, and they tie to 2 MFE's on an 8 by 4 winged setup. From the volume of liquid that I'm able to pump, I chew threw BLOCKS of Tin like no tomorrow trying to refined my stored liquid for electricity. I eventually had to create a custom recipe with refined iron and a slightly higher empty cell yield to make up for this deficit (due to the fact that I can 'grow' iron more easily than tin)...

But on the plus side, I use this setup for 'wireless energy', so it's not that big of a deal once I get my cells in my generators.. lol

I think I know what you mean now about the cells chewing through tin. I've got a lava cell factory running in the nether and it's sorta decimated my tin supply some.
    why the nether? needed lava and that was the most plentiful source :) (granted the game's on peaceful...)
    I wonder how much the (buildcraft) pump will slurp up when I let it run overnight. (provided the MFE doesn't totally drain out)

but on the upshot I should be able to turbocharge the Mass Fab once I expand the geothermal generators (have 2 right now, want to build more)
    I don't really need the uu-matter so i'm mostly just killing time until the next minecraft version is out and forge ready.

• thank you guys. & thanks for the screen shots MagusUnion, but unfortunately ive tried using that additional pipes add on and it causes my computer to lag horribly. I may try to install the add on and see what happens

• thank you guys. & thanks for the screen shots MagusUnion, but unfortunately ive tried using that additional pipes add on and it causes my computer to lag horribly. I may try to install the add on and see what happens

Are you using Java 7 or the 6.xx version? Weird that it is giving you this kind of error... :-/

• im not for sure. it popped up today that an update for java is ready.. it said java 6 update 29 so i don't know.. im updating java and going to re-download additional pipes.. is it possible for you to make that world from the screenshots you showed me a download? if so please post it so i can take a look at the world. :thumbup:

• im not for sure. it popped up today that an update for java is ready.. it said java 6 update 29 so i don't know.. im updating java and going to re-download additional pipes.. is it possible for you to make that world from the screenshots you showed me a download? if so please post it so i can take a look at the world. :thumbup:

give me a bit, I can have a world with a lava cell setup with advanced pipes tomorrow if you still need it. I'll just have to be careful and only use the additional pipes and bucket filler addons. (I usually use one of the IC-> BC power converters to power the thing)

do note that additional pipes r29 won't work with redpower installed, there's a block ID conflict and you can't move the chunk loader block. You also may need to move the bucketfiller block Id, i've got mine at 170