How to turn a reactor into a CA(SUC)?

• So if you can't force a pipe to connect to your reactor or chambers, how do you get your engines to feed your reactor water or ice?

E: Ok, so you can feed a generator but not a chamber? Limited to 5 chamber CASUCS?

• If you use a special insert/extract pipe or other mod, than core + 5 chambers is possible. If you use Redpower2 there is no such entity and you must instead attach both a filter (to remove empty buckets) and an incoming pipe for full buckets; thus limiting you to 4 extra chambers.

I've posted pictures of my RP2 prototype CARUC (the coolant is REUSABLE/Recyclable, not single-use) reactor which should show you the various stages you'll want. Obviously use ReStone instead of glass and mind the 5x5 block (core in the center) exclusion area for your source blocks.

Actually if a CARUC/CASUC goes up that's something like 40exp power + like 5 * 30 for all the uranium... about 200EXP power? 3-4. maybe 5 if you get unlucky about which direction things want to jump, blocks thick is probably necessary.

• Except as noted elsewhere; IC2 nerfs water and obsidian. Obsidian now has a blast resistance of ~60 instead of 6000, and water is not 500 (50?). Re-enforced stone or go home (I hate re-enf glass because I can't reuse it).

• You need to use buckets. You need something to fill buckets. The best single package to do this with is Redpower2. Redpower2 has blocks that do amazing things.

• So I have RedPower2 installed, what tools am I looking for? I don't have the deployer (block id 122 I believe, not at home). I tried /give and it said there was no block with that id.

• So I have RedPower2 installed, what tools am I looking for? I don't have the deployer (block id 122 I believe, not at home). I tried /give and it said there was no block with that id.

You can't /give yourself most RP stuff... you'll have to give yourself the components and make them.

• Would someone PLEASE explain what CASUC stands for? I can't find any references on Al's guide, and I think that the last 3 letters stand for Single Use Coolant, but please tell me what this is!

• Would someone PLEASE explain what CASUC stands for? I can't find any references on Al's guide, and I think that the last 3 letters stand for Single Use Coolant, but please tell me what this is!

Constantly (or Continually) Applied Single Use Coolant.

Designation for the reactors that automatically stuff single-use coolants (ice/water) into the reactor [all the time] while it's running (vs just regular SUC where you stuff in some single-use coolants before you start the reactor up).