Suggestion: Portable Tesla Coil ,Night vision Sunglasses and Solar Helmet

• Official Post

Portable testa coil.
    A helmet item and it acts like a normal tesla. I know its not safe to use a tesla coil on a helmet. Use on your risk
    It has a storage of a lapotron crystal. Uses 1EU/t when Activated to keep its searching device running. [C key] Uses 10000EU when anything alive (zombie is an exception)[mob and player] approaches in 5 block radius [and the thing is searching].
    Never be surprised by Creepers that explode behind you while you are mining again!

Recipe:
    ATA
    RCR
    HLH

A= Advanced Alloy R= Reinforced Glass C=Advanced Circuit H= Hv Cable(Not insulated) L=Lapotron Crystal

Night Vision Goggles.
    Uses 1EU/t to keep running (its auto activated when you equip it). Players vision gets greeny, but very bright. Stores 60000EU

Recipe:

GGG
    MAM
    SES

G= Glass M=Glowstone A=Advanced Circuit S=Glass Fibre Cable E=Energy Crystal

Solar Helmet.
    It charges Batpacks,EJetpacks at a rate of 2EU/t while player is at sunlight

Recipe:

GGG
    MSM
    CEC

G=Glass M=Glowstone S=Solar Panel C=Insulated Copper Cable E= Electronic Circuit

• Official Post

Well you can use different valours.
    or make helmet NOT use energy to keep activated.
    OR drain energy every X seconds.
    (all ingame items on IC² use damage values between 1 to 10002) [lapotron,Energy crystal and Re battery uses 1-10002/ Quantum and nano uses 1-1002]
    1 damage = 100 EU right?
    make it drain 1 damage every 5 seconds (100ticks)
    and drain 100 Damage on shocking a mob. (10000 EU)
    problem solved?
    Change the amount of EU storage if you think it is OP.

• Official Post

The main reason i suggested this is because im tired of creepers blowing BEHIND me while im mining, i get no time for reaction.
    you can modify somethings if it is still overpowered. Or make it much more expensive? like requiring on recipe nano helmet? (or quantum :) )

• But what about the night vision equipment? I know there are mods for it, but it's IC2 for crying out loud! Less need for torches, better hunting, nighttime inspection of cables and such, construction, everything!

:Mining Laser: HEADSHOT :Mining Laser:
    For the record "Sibire" is pronounced "sighbeer", not "cyber", "sib-ere" or "sigh-bire".

• Official Post

Nightvision does modify the games rendering, something IC can't possibly do (without basefile modding).
    Currently i tinker with requesting a general "overlay" hook for MCForge, permitting to display additional HUD elements on screen... depending on how the graphic engine works, one could try displaying a transparent bright green layer over the screen with that hook...
    You seriously shouldn't assume nightvision is coming anywhen soon, at best.

• Nightvision does modify the games rendering, something IC can't possibly do (without basefile modding).
    Currently i tinker with requesting a general "overlay" hook for MCForge, permitting to display additional HUD elements on screen... depending on how the graphic engine works, one could try displaying a transparent bright green layer over the screen with that hook...

Before you go think up ideas , increasing brightness shouldnt be that hard to code in , (making all textures have more contrast is i suppose harder :P)

• Nightvision does modify the games rendering, something IC can't possibly do (without basefile modding).

Is there no way to raise the gamma setting past the limit in the options menu?

Isn't this something that could be done in a similar way to the pumpkin helmet? The means are already in the game, it's just a matter of finding the way to tie the recipe and item to that same effect.

• Official Post

Isn't this something that could be done in a similar way to the pumpkin helmet? The means are already in the game, it's just a matter of finding the way to tie the recipe and item to that same effect.

Yes, pumpkin overlay is included as static hook in the basefile. Doesn't change much about the issue we cannot use the same hook, because it's an eclusive (if pumpkin then display overlay) thingy. With some creativity i could probably create an helmet inheriting the pumpkin class and messing and blahr and get something displaying the pumpkin overlay as well. Still not a nightvision, though.

• Yes, pumpkin overlay is included as static hook in the basefile. Doesn't change much about the issue we cannot use the same hook, because it's an eclusive (if pumpkin then display overlay) thingy. With some creativity i could probably create an helmet inheriting the pumpkin class and messing and blahr and get something displaying the pumpkin overlay as well. Still not a nightvision, though.

Advanced HUD showing how much EU/Damage each armor/tool/weapon still have while wearing a Nano or Quantum Helmet. DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! :P

• Yes, pumpkin overlay is included as static hook in the basefile. Doesn't change much about the issue we cannot use the same hook, because it's an eclusive (if pumpkin then display overlay) thingy. With some creativity i could probably create an helmet inheriting the pumpkin class and messing and blahr and get something displaying the pumpkin overlay as well. Still not a nightvision, though.

Can you somehow change the brightness option to maximum when you put a Q-helmet on, and reduce it to a stored value when removed? Also, If you could save the old value in the file, then it would also be able to have correct brightness automatically on game load.