[Suggestion] Improve pumps

• I agree. It appears that the behavior of the Advanced Miner mod allows this and I've found it useful for sustaining my use of geothermal power.

• so should it drop down the pipe to suck up liquid into it like BC too?
    maybe we need to add pump pipe, just like mining pipe but this one for pump only.

also should we have something like scanner that can set range how far / deep it will drain? this will be useful for suck up lava.

• Official Post

Implementing this would either require some complex algorythm or a big "Do never place the pump above an ocean"-sign (people would ignore and kill their worlds, anyways).

Note: BP's quarry is a heck of a crappy code (efficiency-wise), at least the last time i've checked it. Dunno about it's Pump, but I would dare to assume it share's the code struct.

• Actually, if the Miner were coded to consider lava (and water) "valuable ores", wouldn't the pump basically pull up all of it within the range of the scanner?

Pulling up all the liquid in a 9x9 (or 5x5) area is still sufficient and should avoid the world-killing problem you mentioned.

• Official Post

Actually, if the Miner were coded to consider lava (and water) "valuable ores", wouldn't the pump basically pull up all of it within the range of the scanner?

Pulling up all the liquid in a 9x9 (or 5x5) area is still sufficient and should avoid the world-killing problem you mentioned.

Now, the miner will never consider water valuable, but given the fact you can create infinite water sources either way, yes, it works for lava-gathering ^^

• From SpeedDaemon in the 'Lava Cell Factory' thread...

Another thing you can do is add lava to the list of valuable ores in the IC2 config (it's ID 11), and then head to the Nether with a miner and some pumps :P

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Uhm...
    I'm not sure what the miner will do if you mark lava as generic ore... in worst case you will have lava-blocks in your chest, regardless of the pumps :O

I tried this and got 1 lava cell. And the whole thing refused to do anything after that. The miner and pump was powered and had everything needed to work. And had a chest next to both of them. I tried using the adv. miner and the normal one and I even added the ID into the valuable ore area. Nothing.

• I tried this and got 1 lava cell. And the whole thing refused to do anything after that. The miner and pump was powered and had everything needed to work. And had a chest next to both of them. I tried using the adv. miner and the normal one and I even added the ID into the valuable ore area. Nothing.

Have you tried TWO pumps?
    Its currently a bug, where you have to have two working, one is idle but making sure the other one runs. It involves the fact that the miner is faster than the pump, and the pump can't keep up.

Have you tried TWO pumps?
    Its currently a bug, where you have to have two working, one is idle but making sure the other one runs. It involves the fact that the miner is faster than the pump, and the pump can't keep up.

Tried it. Nothing. Am I doing it wrong? Pumps have cells and Miner has normal drill.

• I tried this and got 1 lava cell. And the whole thing refused to do anything after that. The miner and pump was powered and had everything needed to work. And had a chest next to both of them. I tried using the adv. miner and the normal one and I even added the ID into the valuable ore area. Nothing.

As far as I know, you don't need to do this with the Advanced Miner. I have pulled up a stack of lava cells in a single dig at times - and I know that it wasn't drilling through a 64-meter deep pillar of lava so it must be getting it from nearby blocks.