Test Version v1.337

• Official Post

http://player.to/ic2/dev/industrialcraft-2-client_1.337.jar
    http://player.to/ic2/dev/industrialcraft-2-server_1.337.jar

Check this post for a part of the past changelog and the link to the past past changelog and stuff and blah, you know the drill :3

Changelog for v1.337

Note: This is actually something like 1.3365
    The new ore dictionary entries and the recipe for splitter cables are mising. Please proceed with testing the rest though.
    I would like to get the next version out within 24 hours ^^

• Official Post

Lumintator:
    - explode but dont damage any blocks or entities when powered with hv or higher
    - sometimes light up when placing without being powered, light updates will fix this
    - (real) hitbox is a full block

Detector cable:
    Powered detector cable+restart minecraft=

Chunk gets deleted..

Detector cable does not turn on RP wire

Split cable does not react to RP wire, rs torches (on the wall) next to it

Infinite helmet bug still works.
    Achieved like this:
    Wear any helmet+q-chest and take fall damage until your helmet should get destroyed
    You now got an unlimited stack of helmets. fun!

Did not test any recipes

• Official Post

Lumintator:
    - explode but dont damage any blocks or entities when powered with hv or higher
    - sometimes light up when placing without being powered, light updates will fix this
    - (real) hitbox is a full block

-Jup, like the old ones.
    -I think this is related to the basic recipe providing "active" luminators which sometimes dont update light properly after being placed and "going dark"
    -Known, not yet fixed, as fixing that hitbox is more then just a value tweak.

Detector cable does not turn on RP wire
    Split cable does not react to RP wire, rs torches (on the wall) next to it

Yes, both cables need direct redstone input. Use a basic piece of redstone dust in between RP wire/torch and the cables as "interface".

Infinite helmet bug still works.
    Achieved like this:
    Wear any helmet+q-chest and take fall damage until your helmet should get destroyed
    You now got an unlimited stack of helmets. fun!

Geez hate those ones.

• A luminator sucks up about 10k EU when initcaily placed, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

Edit: Recipe Book shows two recipes for the Lappack (one needing 4 lapis blocks, the other needing 6)
    and on the same note there's still two recipes for ITNT (one needing 6 flint, the other needing two glowstone, a circuit and a cable)

• Official Post

Should the ones on the wall link together?

No, Luminators don't (yet) interact with each other. Their form depends on 1. the placing (wall/ceiling/ground) and 2nd on whether they're placed against a cable (in which case they will always turn into some covering panel of sorts).

Suggestion:
    How about removing the "only emit energy when full" option when redstoned and let storage blocks emit redstone when they are full?

Great idea. Gonna implement that one asap.

A luminator sucks up about 10k EU when initcaily placed, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

Edit: Recipe Book shows two recipes for the Lappack (one needing 4 lapis blocks, the other needing 6)
    and on the same note there's still two recipes for ITNT (one needing 6 flint, the other needing two glowstone, a circuit and a cable)

Yes, luminators now hold a whole battery worth of energy. I wanted them to be usable without cables (you can charge them with rightclicking, battery/crystal)

Guess that double'd recipe is a result of some merge-trouble we had XD
    The glowstone thing sounds like the dynamiteomote? No clue, gonna check it.

edit:
    The double recipe was a cause of me only changing ONE recipe. lappack has 2, one for empty batpacks, one for full ones.
    Dunno about the glowstone-TNT recipe, doesnt make sense at all. removed it.

• Official Post

-Added dictionary support for Bronze and Refined Iron don't know how to test?
    -Added Luminators work except for the mentioned bugs, additionally are they really planned to be removed on destruction?
    -Reworked Windmill mechanics need more info to test
    -Added Detector and Splitter cable work nice, i like them!
    -Increased Tin-Cable capacity to 5 EUt
    -Updated GeothermalGenerator GUI looks good
    -Spraying upon Scaffolds drops them again works
    -Lappack recipe made slightly more expensive good recipe
    -Lappacks now properly work with high-energy gadgets works
    -QHelemt takes 2x more energy to refill hungre energy amount is good i think
    -Miners cannot mine each others mining pipes anymore

• Official Post

Yes, luminators are "cheap" now. Wanted them to rival torchs in being cheaply avaible, balanced by them not being re-pickable.

Windmills are now balanced to the maximum height of 255. As well, Storms and (to lesser extent) Rain increase their production. If the produced energy exceeds 5 EUt (total theoriical max is somewhere above 11 Eut) there's a change to break (and the display in the GUI will start displaying in red).

Thanks for the neat testing guys ^^
    Once we've fixed up the repository (some corrupted hardlink on my drive caused me to override some files multiple times >.> ) we will compile the final version. Somewhen in ~10 hours, after a good bag of sleep XD.

• Official Post

How about allowing an eu reader to check the storage of a lum? And be able to paint them or just add dye to the recipe. Can they also be turned on and off with redstone?

Don't see much of a reason not to add that EU Reader functionality.
    Painting could be possible, though i don't see much of a point in that, unless Jeb adds dynamically colored lightning.
    Cannot be turned off with redstone, though i considered that feature.

• Solar doesnt detect if there is item that block the path to the sky. So, during the day, underground, it will still work

EU detector cable has a problem to Turn Off after no more input (like solar no more outputting power). It is 'updated' by updating the cable network, placing a new cable etc.

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• Official Post

Solar doesnt detect if there is item that block the path to the sky. So, during the day, underground, it will still work

EU detector cable has a problem to Turn Off after no more input (like solar no more outputting power). It is 'updated' by updating the cable network, placing a new cable etc.

@Solars: That's why i didn't use the static lightmap and wrote my own iterator :O Player insisted on testing the more efficiet (this) implementation though. Thanks for bringing it up.
    @Detector: Could you provide some information? F.e. a screen of the set-up. So far everything worked right with it, over here.

• http://i.imgur.com/XFPA5h.jpg

Initial State, night time. Solar is off, no output.

http://i.imgur.com/KsgjOh.jpg

Second state, solar is on. EU detector is ON , there is energy flow.

http://i.imgur.com/Tttexh.jpg

Third State: Solar is Off, no eu flow. EU detector doesnt turn off.

http://i.imgur.com/uYAY1h.jpg

AFTER i placed a random cable in the system that the EU detector 'update' itself and turn itself off.

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.