[Bug 1.23] ITNT duds?

• So... after my little escapade with the ghost ship, I found myself with some left over ITNT and wanted to do some mining.

I dug a couple spots in the wall in my mine, stuck the ITNT inside, covered it with cobble for safety reasons, stuck down a lever, lit the charge and stood back. *boom?* Annnnnnd the lever and cobble are still there... so I remove the cobble to find that... the ITNT is gone, but nothing got blown up... So.. I widened the hole a bit, thinking maybe it needed some room to breathe a bit... nope... still nothing... small boom, no bang.

I was now in the middle of writing this post (previously titled "ITNT broken"), but decided to try a couple more times with a couple variations... first shot, no variation, just tried the test again but placed the lever immediately next to the ITNT this time. BOOM! Blast worked and carved out a nice hole. Around this point I was thinking of not posting here about the bug and continued to slap down another ITNT to continue the mining process. Activate... *boom?* Annnnd nothing... didn't even break the lever sitting next to it.

Can anyone else confirm if ITNT is being inconsistent? Or is it just me? :S

• I've seen this too (haven't tried 1.337 yet) in multiplayer. Also if you leave off the covering block and just hit it with a flint and steel, instead of having the flickering "lit TNT" block, it just vanishes and then blows up a few seconds later (same with a nuke armed from redstone).

• Actually, TBH, my computer probably can't handle a meltdown. I'm really waiting for RedPower's frames. According to Eloraam, they'll be able to 'inch-worm' along, so I'm designing alternatives for "Big Bertha" the mobile factory / boring machine. It'll (ideally) be able to mine out an area 16x20xN from bedrock up.

• I prefer sticky dynamite for mining, it's so much fun that it's sad how fast I'm full and how fast it's used up : (
    <3 sticky dynamite

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD

• Yea, I love it as well.

As for the actually OP

Did you legit get the dynamite, or did you TMI it?

These were legit. I get everything legit. I don't even have TMI installed (too tempting)

I haven't tried them with the latest update, will have to give it a go... will also give me a good excuse to use all my collected gunpowder :)

• These were legit. I get everything legit. I don't even have TMI installed (too tempting)

I haven't tried them with the latest update, will have to give it a go... will also give me a good excuse to use all my collected gunpowder :)

Alright, I just had to ask, since SOOO many items dont work with TMI, and SOOO many people fail to read the common-problem thread, It would probably be statistically likely that you were one of them (probably because I am not actually able to get valid statistics, and am just guessing, from the large number of threads that do that)

And yes, trying the latest version tends to help.

• The best I've managed with ITNT is 54 blocks destroyed (i think it was) and you have to give it some open space for it to have effect.
    However, a single piece of string will turn one ITNT into 8 dynamite sticks. And a single resin makes them sticky. Both dynamite sticks and sticky dynamite will clear a 3x3x3 cube. (no more, no less)
    Simply digging out 2 blocks from a wall and placing them in the hole gives you 25 blocks per stick. That is a total of 200 blocks per ITNT, 4 times the blocks blasted. And ITNT (due to it's inefficiency when contained) is harder to use.
    I strip mine coal and redstone with my sticky dynamite and then use what i have gathered to make more gunpowder from coal dust and redstone. This allows me to make more sticks that i originally started with.
    Though i consume redstone and coal dust in the process. Resources i could be using for other things. Still worth it at time when you need lots of blasting power.

One could also make a mob farm ofc and have lots of gunpowder trickle in from dead creepers.