Industrial Seeds?

• Yeah, I was just wondering the kind of the seeds (if any) that people use for their worlds.

The one I use is "Helmsdeep" as it provides a nice little area a ways off to the right for a factory, plus enough clay along the beach for roughly three and a half stacks worth. Haven't really explored much past that.

Forgot to mention: it's an "Absolute spawn"

• worstseedever is actually one of my favorites. Be careful though, because you'll spawn next to a dungeon. There's a pit to your left which sand falls in, revealing it. Not sure if the items are generated entirely randomly upon creation or if they sort of predetermine themselves by a template pattern within the engine of Minecraft, but I got three iron bars so I could instantly punch down a tree and start with an iron pickaxe. :P

Not only that, but it's connected to a cave which goes all the way down to a bunch of lava pits so if you go non-stop you could probably wind up having all diamond tools by the time the sun sets. Very handy.

• worstseedever is actually one of my favorites. Be careful though, because you'll spawn next to a dungeon. There's a pit to your left which sand falls in, revealing it. Not sure if the items are generated entirely randomly upon creation or if they sort of predetermine themselves by a template pattern within the engine of Minecraft, but I got three iron bars so I could instantly punch down a tree and start with an iron pickaxe. :P

Not only that, but it's connected to a cave which goes all the way down to a bunch of lava pits so if you go non-stop you could probably wind up having all diamond tools by the time the sun sets. Very handy.

I got three iron ingots as well, as well as a saddle, 4 string, and I think some cocoa beans. I swear that these things are both embedded in the seeds and the engine...

• gm_construct is a surprisingly good seed. Something with buildcraft makes it have ridiculous amounts of oil (I mean RIDICULOUS) on my first time generating it, I spawned within far render distance of a Large size oil well, and a bit away was another large and like 4 medium ones. You also spawn in a small grove of rubber trees with many other rubber trees nearby. Plus, there's a badass overhang about 300 blocks from the spawn.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.