Suggestion: Increased area of effect for luminator 'fire'

• Luminators are fairly good at producing light, but not so good at making mobs catch fire. The mob more or less has to be in the /exact/ same cube as the light in order to catch fire.

It would be much nicer if the 'fire' area of effect were a 3x3 box with the luminator in the center; any obstructions of course blocking the box by definition. Among other improvements, this would allow for different hallway configurations than luminator on the floor before a door.

• If luminators could handle higher EUs then higher EUs should burn mobs in a larger area though the luminators would short out at EUs too much higher than that.

• Luminators are fairly good at producing light, but not so good at making mobs catch fire. The mob more or less has to be in the /exact/ same cube as the light in order to catch fire.

It would be much nicer if the 'fire' area of effect were a 3x3 box with the luminator in the center; any obstructions of course blocking the box by definition. Among other improvements, this would allow for different hallway configurations than luminator on the floor before a door.

seeing as how luminators are meant for light! and not to grind mobs i dont think this should be buffed.

if you want a effective way to defend a door then invest in a tesla coil or a looped electrical system.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Official Post

The range for fire IS only the block the luminator is in.
    Given you can place them anywhere, a small floor of luminators around your house isn't exactly expensive or impossible.
    To compensate for the small range, the energy cost is quite low, compared to L3 Luminators from IC1.

Lastly, i can use some native functions for that "range", meaning theres no overtuned CPU usage at all.
    And given people will spam lumis on servers, i considered this quite important.