[1.337B][Possible Bug] Solar Panels

• I'm not sure if they're supposed to work like this or not, so please be gentle with me.
    It seems like Solar Panels will only transfer power if they are super close to what is receiving said power.

For example, this setup works

But this one doesn't

And it behaved like this in v1.23 as well for me.

• Your killing your packets, man! Gold has a loss of one at a distance of >2, and solar panels are only emitting one eu. Thus, you are losing all your power before it gets there.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Damn. I think we should just pretend this thread never happened. *whistles innocently*

So, what kind of cables would be best for large solar flowers? Anything besides glass fibre cables?

• Damn. I think we should just pretend this thread never happened. *whistles innocently*

So, what kind of cables would be best for large solar flowers? Anything besides glass fibre cables?

Tin cable, (ULV I think) only capable of 2 EU/t packets but perfect for large solar farms as you can get 39 block travel distances.

• I'd also be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of a list or something of the EU loss of each cable. It doesn't describe it on the wiki I've been viewing.

Man, you guys are cooler than I thought you'd be. I expected to be flamed into hell for posting a bug that's actually a game mechanic. :P

• I'd also be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of a list or something of the EU loss of each cable. It doesn't describe it on the wiki I've been viewing.

Man, you guys are cooler than I thought you'd be. I expected to be flamed into hell for posting a bug that's actually a game mechanic. :P

It's right there on the wiki. Energy and Wiring than click a cable type. Losses there in a small one line table on the page for the cable.

• I think the update notes said Tin can handle 5 EU/t packets. But even if you swapped that gold out for copper, it would work just fine.

• No problem thats why we are here.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Tin is the best for solar panels as they handle up to 5eu,(solars dont output higher then that so using copper or higher u lose out eu per blocks since tin can go 40 blocks before losing any eu) and copper he would lose still so go with 10 - always go with the wire for the tier of equipment you're using.

God blesses the child that can hold its own.