[bug 1.337/1.337b] Luminator problems

• Hey guys, hello!
    I'm new here but i've been playing IC since the first version (for 1.6.6) came out.
    I've tried to put some luminator but i noticed some problems and i'd like to know what's wrong. I was wondering if that's a bug or it's because of me.

I tried to wire a luminator using glass fiber and a full batbox. The luminator starts correctly but:

1- When i cut the cable or i stop the output, the luminator is always on. Even though there's no more current.
    2- The luminator drains a lot of energy (i guess that it will finish the full batbox within 2 or 3 minutes).

I was waiting for someone else that had encountered the same problem before me, but nobody seems to have these bugs so i'm wondering what's wrong with my game.

I use only IC2, Wireless Redstone and nothing else.
    Thank you so much and sorry for my mistakes, my english is not very good.

See ya :)

• There is no way of shutting off a luminator; if it has power it will use it for lighting. It has internal storage; so if it's attached it will try to fully charge (and then discharge for ~ 2 in game days).

• 1. Because it has a storage of 10k EU
    2. Because it has a storage of 10k EU

Perhaps make an IC properties option to change that?
    I'd like to be able to turn off lights when I cut the power, as so I can control how much power I'm wasting just by shutting them off by day, etc.
    Personal preference, I guess. I'd rather not have it shut off by redstone as an alternative, in my opinion.

• Umm is this suppose to happen i have 2 luminators which are exactly the same. In the config its luminator and luminator_dark.
    they both behave the same...and now that im looking at my old config - it seems luminator was in 1.23, but they i see no threads about them before 1.337
    Is this suppose to be like this or do i have a conflict? - im running like 50 mods along side 1.337b

God blesses the child that can hold its own.

• IIRC, Luminators have been around for a bit but had been terribly bugged up until the release of 1.337. Thus, people are now anxious to try them out again and are now reporting problems about them... again. :thumbup:

• Official Post

Umm is this suppose to happen i have 2 luminators which are exactly the same. In the config its luminator and luminator_dark.
    they both behave the same...and now that im looking at my old config - it seems luminator was in 1.23, but they i see no threads about them before 1.337
    Is this suppose to be like this or do i have a conflict? - im running like 50 mods along side 1.337b

We're temporaryly up to 2 IDs to get the Luminator working. All correct.

• Has this been fixed? I'm still eager to have an on/off switch for my electric lights. Seems like a logical thing to want to do. Can't we just reduce the local buffer from 10,000 EU to like 32?