[v1.337b] Support Request: HV Transformer not working properly?

• After a longe pause I decided it was time to play som IC again and was facinated by the new reactor setup. (Good work Alblaka! :D )

But after I build my second reactor and put the outputs together into a HV Transformer, something strange happened:
    Each Input-Cable carries >100EU/t but the Transformer output is just about ~120EU/t. My Setup in pictures:

http://i44.tinypic.com/wl93z9.png

http://i44.tinypic.com/avl8hf.png

And before you ask: I ve tried different Setups such as:
    -Connecting the redstone current via redstone not directly from the torch
    -Connecting the two cables before the HV Tranfsformer without MV Transformer
    -Connecting the two cables before the MV Transformer with only one MV Transformer

Its the same result...

If this question was answered before i am sorry, i have not found anything on the search.

Thanks for your help!
    Daredevil

• Official Post

You need to elaborate your setup more. The pics dont exactly show the in/output sides of the used machines, you didnt give much information about the energy coming from where to where AND imageshack is really slow when it comes to loading pictures.

• lets see, if that 200 + is input, then it gets quite divided into half, and well, are you getting enough power in from input, or you are getting tick of power and then idling for 2 ticks and then again some power?

If the 200+ is the input then it seems that output is doing the same, sending out power one tick and then idling next tick.(sometimes 2 ticks in row, sometimes leaving 1 between because not enough power coming from input)

I guess it is how the power network works... it collects power til the "output" amount gets collected and then sends it out. And that may cause it to skip sending out parts + HV cable and Gold cable have serious power losses.

I guess it would be better if you draw some kind of schematic about what power comes in and what should go out, I guess guys around here can help you to wire this thing then.

• Okay so I replaced the old pictures with the ones above, removed everything unnecessary and added some descriptions to it. I double-checked every measurement taken with the EC-meter.

Hopefully you can understand it now.

EDIT:
    I know how the Packages-System for Energy works in IC ( the Basics at least ). But the average over 1000 Ticks should be enogh to neglect those variations...

Average over 3011 Ticks = exactly 128 EU/t (for the HV Transformer-Output-Cable

• What does the HV output wire go to - and how much power fores that device draw per tick?
    Output that can't go anywhere won't be measured. I can have 512 EU packets going into the HVT before my MFSU, but if the MFSU is full, the reading on the wire will be 0. If instead I had a bank of machines that drew only 128 EU/t, guess what the reading on the output wire would be?

• Yeah guess that it, I have wired it to another 2 transformers (EV -> HV -> MV) and then to some MFEs. Should be upgrading those I think. I ll try this and be back with wether it worked or not but i am optimistic.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Okay its working fine now, thanks for the quick help guys!

BtW: Just wondering: I in fact had 3 Transformers wired one after another so i got EV -> LV, why did this not happen early at 32 EU/t because of the LV Converter? o0

• That's quite odd; if you measure over a sufficient timeframe (about 60 seconds should suffice) you should be seeing the transfer you expect. Are you measuring the input cables directly before your MVTFs? Also you do know you can run those inputs /directly/ to the HVtf, there's no need to step them up before it (though in this case you save about 1eU/t on each input by doing so).

• Everything is just fine now. Of course it was totally my fault, how could I dare to blame IC. :D

And I thought it would not work correctly wiring MV to a HVtf because the wiki said it only excepts 512 or 2048 EU as input. thats why there are MVtf directly before the HVtf at all. It would have been much more efficent to set them directly to the reactors ( or power source ) but i would not have 512 EU after a few blocks... :thumbup: