Suggestion : Additional Reactor inputs

• I would really like to see the ability to use lava cells in addition to lava buckets to add heat to reactors. Would make life much easier for heating breeders. Don't need the cell back, I'd pay the 1/4 tin per for ease of use.

• I'd rather have a reverse-recipe for cells. Recipes that put stuff in to cells should have an inverse recipe.

Water/lava cell + empty bucket == filled bucket in crafting table and empty cell in output.

• I don't even mind having to extract the tin cell's contents from it in to something else (a bucket) that would actually be a /benefit/ since I could then use all that dredged up lava for something besides a geogen. I could make moats, decorations, etc...

• Why would you pay tin just for the ease of use?

Ummm... ease of use? Convenience is the only answer I can offer - and it's a sufficient answer for me.
    Otherwise, all you've done is made stackable buckets.

• That's a wonderful "real world" rationalization, but it fails in consideration of Minecraft's inventory system. Even though they "don't have lids", you could carry 36 of them separately.
    And honestly, cells don't "have lids" either - they are an integral container. The fact that we can load them by right-clicking on the source is a workaround for the sake of convenience anyhow.

I'm simply saying that if you allow a cell (which uses 1/4 of a tin ingot) to work exactly as a bucket, you might as well make buckets stackable too.

• Like I said, I don't care if it burns the tin (in fact, for balance reasons I'd prefer if it did). It's not like it would really change the fact that they take lava buckets. I just want an easier and quicker way to jump start my chain of breeders

• I agree with you. I don't mind that the tin gets consumed -= precisely because it's a "cartridge" and it's stackable. It's worth 1/4 tin for my convenience.

• From my impression, at least, the reason why cells are non-reusable is because there is no elegant solution to handle turning a stack of full cells into a stack of empty cells when a machine uses them. You either A: Eject the empty cells which causes item lag, B: Require a chest next to the machine in question, or C: Add a dedicated empty cell slot to each machine that accepts cells for input, which in turn clobbers the standard furnace interface (In terms for mods like BuildCraft, Magic Chest, ect...)

I am not saying this is the only reason, but it is a fairly major one.

Edit: Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe if an item is marked as a container item (Meaning, among other things, it returns an empty copy of itself when used for crafting) It cannot also be made stackable.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• Make snowball be useable to cool reactor, would be nice and easier to make high mk reactors

How about you just shove a bunch of snowballs in a compresser, to get something far better? ICE!. It actually works already, and even stacks to 64! (unlike snowballs which stack to 16)

• From my impression, at least, the reason why cells are non-reusable is because there is no elegant solution to handle turning a stack of full cells into a stack of empty cells when a machine uses them. You either A: Eject the empty cells which causes item lag, B: Require a chest next to the machine in question, or C: Add a dedicated empty cell slot to each machine that accepts cells for input, which in turn clobbers the standard furnace interface (In terms for mods like BuildCraft, Magic Chest, ect...)

I am not saying this is the only reason, but it is a fairly major one.

Edit: Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe if an item is marked as a container item (Meaning, among other things, it returns an empty copy of itself when used for crafting) It cannot also be made stackable.

I believe that explanation is correct. However, it does not make it impossible to make the cell recipe cheaper, because it is not quite low enough to be considered negligible, because it uses up tin, which tends to be in shorter supply than copper in almost all cases.(as I believe was intended)

I'm not sure about the second thing, but It seems likely that that is the case, purely because of the difficulty of even thinking about how to program that to work if that was not the case.