Any improvements to be made here?

• So, I got around to designing a reactor in my spare time for when I get around to dealing with nuclear power and I came up with a design that looks like the following

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

:Coolant Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Coolant Cell:

:Coolant Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Coolant Cell:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

#mce_temp_url#

For one complete cycle the test shows the hull is at 1864 heat and most components are ~1500 heat @ 60eu/t while uranium is fissioning away at a +heat level of 9 per tick according to the test readout if I'm reading it right.

After expending it's uranium in one cycle it takes approx. 1500 ticks to reach zero heat ( both hull and components, no additional components added or removed) at a heat level of -63/t

So what I'd like to know is, is this design a good one or is it less then it could be?

• I took the liberty of making the design in talonfiremage's reactor planner: Link

Since IC2 1.337, reactors now output 2x the EU/t. So your design is a 120 EU/t reactor, not a 60 EU/t.
    And i see you have plenty of Head Dispensers next to each other. This is wasteful, you should learn more about how they work.
    You constantly learn new tricks when making reactor designs. Start over from scratch often and you will find new ways to improve on old designs.

As for the improvement: Link

You can find it in my thread: Link

Though i am sure there are better designs, all depending on what you need.

• Thanks for the feedback.

Not bad for a first design though eh? but I see what ya mean by the configuration being a bit wasteful in heat distribution.

Looking at the number differances half the cooling time, double the cycles without a CD, a few more effective EU/t, halfed the highest heat reached on avg, and I want to say at a glance, about a 5-6% decrease in total material costs?

I'll be sure to use those plans in place of my originals, and use the extra materials to build a statue in your honor in front of the main building which shall be above the containment vessel which will be below ground.

• Please don't resurrect aged threads unless you /really/ have something important to add.

Also, please don't paste designs you didn't (at least modify) your self; that breeder is probably an obvious shape, inspired by many past designs, but something I whipped out within the confines of a reply to your earlier thread.

• Please don't resurrect aged threads unless you /really/ have something important to add.

Also, please don't paste designs you didn't (at least modify) your self; that breeder is probably an obvious shape, inspired by many past designs, but something I whipped out within the confines of a reply to your earlier thread.

The chances that someone comes up with identical designs is extremely large. Please consider that before you bash them for not making them. Many of my designs have fallen into this category, already been done before. It's because there is only a few ways to get an optimal design and everybody eventually gets there and they are identical to each other.

Plus, a reactor design isn't really worth anything. It's not like you have a copyright on a design (the same way a clothing designer doesn't have copyrights on the pattern) and if it's fame and glory one is after then they really should stop wasting their time here and instead become an actor, singer or engineer and build the next world wonder.

• The chances that someone comes up with identical designs is extremely large. Please consider that before you bash them for not making them. Many of my designs have fallen into this category, already been done before. It's because there is only a few ways to get an optimal design and everybody eventually gets there and they are identical to each other.

Plus, a reactor design isn't really worth anything. It's not like you have a copyright on a design (the same way a clothing designer doesn't have copyrights on the pattern) and if it's fame and glory one is after then they really should stop wasting their time here and instead become an actor, singer or engineer and build the next world wonder.

I'm not implying there's any such thing as copyright, I'm -literally- implying that they copied without giving /recognition/. http://forum.industrial-craft.…ad&postID=28634#post28634

• I'm not implying there's any such thing as copyright, I'm -literally- implying that they copied without giving /recognition/. http://forum.industrial-craft.…ad&postID=28634#post28634

Well, if there is a chance (even if it's small) that the person actually came up with that design on his own then should we really blame him for copying without recognition? I bet more that one person has invented the wheel throughout history without knowing the wheel had already been invented.