suggestion for a CA/SUC specific mark system

• generally if you use the reactor planner it just gives you the base mark classification which doesn't make sense on a casuc my proposal is to add a secondary mark system based on ice/buckets per second which would go like mk 2 -3C for a 3 ice per second casuc or like mk 2-4W for a 4 water per second system

anyone agree?

• We already kinda have in inofficial system in place.

I call mine a 1740 8 BPS CASUC (1740 EU/t, 8 buckets per second CASUC)
    Mark rating is irrelevant for CASUC designs these days. So is efficiency since most of them have around 4 eff anyways. (Thus they get the EA rating)

For ice CASUCS that would be 1820 6 IPS CASUC (1820 EU/t, 6 ice per second CASUC)

EDIT: Changed that 64 ice per second down to 7 since 64 is just overflow.
    EDIT #2: Had one chamber too many on the ice CASUC... Numbers have once more been updated for correctness...

• The number you are proposing conflicts with the existing namespace.

Currently: MK(eff based number)-(Consecutive cycles, rounded down (except 0 means infinite))-random letters.

I suggest instead just rattling off a list of tags in a pre-defined order:

E = Efficiency
    P = Power
    B = Burst power (assumed to be power if not listed)
    R = Ratio (percent redstone can be off if gated)
    W = Water buckets per second
    C = Ice cubes per second
    S = Shutdown time required between runs if running constantly

In that order; with R, W, C and S being optional and assumed to be 1, 0, 0, 0 respectively if not defined.

For example, a hypothetical redstone gated reactor:
    E3.833,P28.75,B460,R0.63

Alternately a tighter revision of the 'MK' system could be devised.

RA = Reactor Air-Cooled
    RW = Reactor Water-Cooled
    RX = Reactor 'externally' cooled (RP2/BC2/other)
    R*C = Reactor Controlled/Clocked (Externally limited by a clock)
    Breeders would also be possible but would have designations like BAN BAB and BAP (Negative, Balanced, Positive thermal co-efficient)

Then a - and a letter representing uranium efficiency class: A 4.2+, B 4+, C 3.75+, D 3.25+, E 2.5+, F 2+; else Y.

The above reactor would thus be RWC-C

• RX-A 8W 1740
    RX-A 7C 2050
    sounds like a good designations to me.

• For breeders, replace the eff letter with cells burned/cells charged:
    BWXN-5/40 50 (water + suc neutral, uses 5 cells to charge 40, 50EU/t - although the EU rating can probably be assumed to be 10x cells burned for breeders)

• RX-A 8W 1740
    RX-A 7C 2050
    sounds like a good designations to me.

Thing is, people would need to start learning a lot of letter combos with your suggested system.

1740 8B
    1820 6I

That is smaller and easier... EU/t and "B" for bucket or "I" for ice followed by a number denoting the number of replacements per reactor cycle needed.
    The reason i stepped down my 2050 to 1820 is because i forgot to remove a chamber... I thought 2050 was a bit high! Subsequently that reactor only needs 6 ice stacks instead of 7.

• For breeders, replace the eff letter with cells burned/cells charged:
    BWXN-5/40 50 (water + suc neutral, uses 5 cells to charge 40, 50EU/t - although the EU rating can probably be assumed to be 10x cells burned for breeders)

Actually when switching to the X series air/water cooling is ignored; you already have to have fixed external cooling in place; air/water no longer really matters in classifying reactor designation; except what's already covered in the breeder extension for positive/negative.

Efficiency should be calculated as the average number of /reactions/ a uranium cell produces that have a meaningful result (either eU gen, or enrichment). However the fact of 9K+ breeders being more efficient at enriching isn't reflected in the designation system. The power number can be dropped however; it should be deterministic based on the uranium cells.

BXN-5/40-9K

(9000 heat range running temperature)

• Umm, just wondering but how on earth did you make a 1740 EU/t, 8 BPS design before you were able to use RP retrievers? Just wondering... I'm just getting back into this. Still, that doesn't make any sense unless you were a beta tester of the latest IC version and had before the rest of us or something, because I can't think of any way to make a 1740 EU/t, 8 BPS reactor without 5 chambers, meaning you would need the insertion and extraction point to be one and the same. Am I missing something from being away so long?

• Umm, just wondering but how on earth did you make a 1740 EU/t, 8 BPS design before you were able to use RP retrievers? Just wondering... I'm just getting back into this. Still, that doesn't make any sense unless you were a beta tester of the latest IC version and had before the rest of us or something, because I can't think of any way to make a 1740 EU/t, 8 BPS reactor without 5 chambers, meaning you would need the insertion and extraction point to be one and the same. Am I missing something from being away so long?

I have made a video demonstrating it, i made it for some other guy so i might talk about things specific to the thread where it was first posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SQCc3N71FM

EDIT: Some explanations are probably in order. The "links" (those things that draw 1 EU and 12 EU) are a BC->IC2 conversion addon by the modder Power Crystals.
    I am using Additional Pipes for BC 2.2.5 which is important to be able to only extract empty buckets.
    It is a overflow loop system, any buckets that can't fit into the reactor core will get dropped at the reactor surface and sucked up by the obsidian pipe.

The reason i am using that particular IC->BC energy conversion mod is because those links allow sending energy once every tick (that's 20 BPS maximum) unlike BC's engines which will send power at most every 0.65 seconds (13 ticks) and that is what makes the whole thing work.
    There are other power conversion mods that add engines that cycle fast enough for an 8 BPS system using a engine but those engines draw OMGWTF amounts of power.

• Haha right as I posted I thought about the additional pipes solution from a while back.

I know how that works, even though I took a long break I did do a lot of CASUC work right when they were starting up. I was thinking you were using redpower only. My bad. I always forget about additional pipes. Not that it isn't a cool mod or anything, but I don't use it, so I forget that it is a possibility. btw, if you didn't know, I actually did work on a CASUC reactor way back with allocators, though I never got it to work and stopped when i found out that allocators don't work in SMP, because I like my reactors to work on my favorite servers.

Cool idea using the energy converter for more consistent application of power, though what you would need 20 BPS for I have no idea haha. I like the redundancy in your system making it safe though.

Here, have an internet!

Edit: I noticed you had an issue with lag thanks to the way the obsidian pipe sucks the excess up. You might try a single transposer firing once every second, or half a second, because it sucks up everything all in the same tick, which should significantly reduce your lag I think.