[Bug 1.23-1.337b][SMP]: Nether portals freak out q-suit

• Going through a Nether portal causes the quantum suit to go into some kind of hyper-mode. Sprint+jump will catapult you at ludicrous speed, and hitting anything in that sate will send you into the stratosphere (causing disconnection for hacking or flying). Even without sprinting, jumping while moving seems to be very twitchy. Just sprinting, or just jumping (without holding a movement key) seem to be ok.

Disconnecting/reconnecting will fix it. It appears to be the act of using the portal that messes things up, not simply being in the Nether, as the problem exists in either world, and is solved in either world by relogging.

Possibly separate issue(s):
    In the nether, q-boots will jump high, but don't work to prevent fall damage.
    In the nether with the q-helmet, my hunger bar drops to about 40%, then fills back up every few seconds while sprinting.

I've only tested this in SMP so far, and has persisted from 1.23-1.337b...

• I confirm the former problem - I was wondering what was causing it but thinking back I had traveled through a nether portal every time. I've been disconnected for moving too fast twice today because of it :/

• It's only when you Sprint+Q-Jump INTO something. Tested it repeatedly myself. Glad I own the server- it keeps saying I might be hacking :p

I KNOW it happens if you enter a portal to the Nether, then leave through the portal, and then sprint+Q-Jump at a wall of any kind.

Q-Boots are random when they work on SMP, sadly. Not sure if they 100% don't work in the Nether. Can't test right now either. D:

I had the helmet thing happen... No idea WHY it happened though. I can't recreate any of this on single player, either.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• This happens to me and my friends on SMP even while not moving and only jumping. It never happens while only sprinting or turbo sprinting. Consider yourself lucky. We will use the relogging MC workaround for now, thanks for discovering that

• Just wanted to bring this back from the dead since it's still an issue in 1.64. Just wondering if it's being worked on. Happens whenever using a nether portal. After doing so, whenever sprinting and jumping with quantumsuit causes you to be launched extremely far and normally results in a kick due to moving too quickly. It's a bit of a nuisance having to relog every time I go through a portal.