[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• Hi people,
    It's not my full own mod. This addon based on "Icedfire" Advanced SolarPanel v1.2. But his version of addon not support Multiplayer and not update. I full rewrite source code and add multiplayer support, fix misc bugs, optimized source code. Now panels work fine and no lags and bugs !
    About this mod:
    Name: Advanced Solar Panel
    Version: 3.5.1

Addon have 2 sets of recipes: "Normal" mode and "Hard" mode ! (Changes in config file)

Advanced Solar Panel
    Generate: 8 eu day, 1 eu night and rainy days.
    Internal storage: 32 000 eu
    Output: 32 eu
    Charge slots: 4 (you can charge 4 electric device simultaneously)

Hybrid Solar Panel
    Generate: 64 eu day, 8 eu night and rainy days.
    Internal storage: 100 000 eu
    Output: 128 eu

Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel
    Generate: 512 eu day, 64 eu night and rainy days.
    Internal storage: 1 000 000 eu
    Output: 512 eu
    After many years of researches in the field of quantum physics our scientists have opened new properties of irridium. In a combination with Sunnarium efficiency of transformation of solar energy increases in 8 times, but there is more to come, transformation of light from weak sources grows already in 6 times!!! On the basis of a new hybrid material we represent ours model of the solar panel. An energy output in day - 512 еу, at night and rainy days 64 еу!!!

Quantum Solar Panel
    Generate: 4096 eu day, 2048 eu night and rainy days.
    Internal storage: 10 000 000 eu
    Output: 8192 eu
    After long years of researches of a quantum matter we could reach unknown heights in quantum physics. And now we can offer our most perfect solar panel! With the new quantum core, we were able to improve the generation of energy in dark time by 4 times! An energy output in day - 4 096 еу, at night and rainy days 2048 еу!!!

Now addon is absolutely configurable! You can change all specification (genDay, genNight, storage and etc) in config file. If you think that some panels is overpowered, you can disable craft recipe in config file !!!

Screenshot of Advanced Solar Panels GUI:

Quantum Generator
    This is top tech of Quantum physics ! We are receive this gift from alien civilization. After many years of researches of reverse engineering we could not find way to reproduce this technology.
    This top generator was created for "map makers" and "server admins" who need infinite customize power source (it's no crafting recipe) ! Yea guys, is it's fully customize ! 8o You can change energy output and maximum packet size (for use with different cables) in GUI menu. Sample: we need make energy output 5120 eu and transfer it through "glass fiber cable". Glass fiber cable accept only 512 eu. We need setup in Quantum Generator "Output" is 5120 and setup "max packet size" to 512. Now "Quantum generator" emits 10 packets with 512 eu in tick. You can transfer this EU through copper cables if you setup "max packet size" to 32 8) You can disable all generation through Redstone signal.
    Also if you press "Left Shift" and click on buttons all values = x 100;

Quantum generator GUI

Solar Helmets
    -> Can charge all electric items in Inventory (charging algorithm: first charge armor, second others items in inventory)
    -> Advanced Solar Helmet, based at nano helmet ! (generate same as Advanced Solar Panel)
    -> Hybrid Solar Helmet, based at quantum helmet (Generate same as Hybrid Solar Panel)
    -> Ultimate Solar Helmet, based at quantum helmet (Generate same as Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel)
    -> Only 1 special ability of quantum helmet - underwater supply. Other abilities is off because solar panel replace this modules

Bonus recipe DoubleSlab for more convenience of construction:

Sphax purebdcraft style pack (128x) by Zernicalo : http://bdcraft.net/forum/advan…-quantum-generator-update

Old versions:
    Download old versions here

Changelog

For all those who want to use my addons in their mods pack, I give permission to use all my addons. You don't need pm me about it !

Download new version for Minecraft 1.7.10 and IndustrialCraft 2-2.2.x Exp. (addon is Universal for client and server):

• Looks cool, do I have permission to use it in my SMP Let's Play?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Awesome, I'll post a link to the video if I introduce it.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)

• I think that the "standard" advanced panel is too hard to make, and that the advanced advanced panel produces wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much power. Dont make it harder to create, jjust make it produce, like, 30 eu/t in daylight and 6 eu/t at night / when it's raining.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• I also used the original addon, but i'm not sure i'll use this as it seems kinda unbalanced.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• I think that the "standard" advanced panel is too hard to make, and that the advanced advanced panel produces wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much power.

My comment on his original recipes still stands - it's obvious that there has not been a cost to output breakdown. The cost of materials means these generators are not feasible sources of power, as they take too long to pay for themselves.

The Advanced Solar Panel requires 24 UU-M worth of materials (12 raw UU-M, 9 for the diamond, 2 for the redstone and 1 for the glowstone) for an energy cost of 3 Million EU. Even if you have all the materials except the required raw UU-M, that's still 1.5 Million EU. That means that the panel has to run for at least 125 minutes of REAL time before it breaks even - and that's assuming it's all daytime. Otherwise, it's a lot longer - especially if you had to fabricate the other materials too.

The Hybrid Solar Panel requires an additional 84 UU-M minimum (assuming you provide the 3 diamonds) for a total minimum energy cost of 12 Million EU to produce the panel. This is assuming you have enough scrap to constanlty get the multiplier.

So, a Hybrid Solar Panel must run for 200 minutes - more than THREE hours of real time (again, assuming all sunlight) before it starts providing a profit on the energy.

To summarize, I respectfully submit that these recipes were poorly considered. The author obviously thought it would be "cool" to make the recipes require exotic materials without giving any thought to the fact that one must dedicate the full output of a Nuclear Reactor to make a solar panel. Does this sound absolutely absurd to anyone but me?

• I also used the original addon, but i'm not sure i'll use this as it seems kinda unbalanced.

It do not agree. Craft recipe is balanced for output power and not so much expensive. If you want more output power, you can change it in config file. I use this addon in my own IC2 + BC server. 95% users support this recipe. In my world i created about 800 advanced solar panels (no cheats) and 8 massfab. Now i replace all advanced to hybrid solar panels ~ 160 hybrid panels.

• [Craft recipe is balanced for output power and not so much expensive.

You need to carefully read my previous post until the math is clear to you, because one solar panel should not require energy from a nuclear reactor to make and no generator should have to run for three hours before it starts providing a return on its investment.

• Quote from 'HeadHunter67

To summarize, I respectfully submit that these recipes were poorly considered. The author obviously thought it would be "cool" to make the recipes require exotic materials without giving any thought to the fact that one must dedicate the full output of a Nuclear Reactor to make a solar panel. Does this sound absolutely absurd to anyone but me?

But you receive free energy and no need fuel... Sorry this recipe is final. It is tested on my server about 1 month and some users no problem craft more than 150 advanced panels..
    For me and my users this is balanced recipe...

• You need to carefully read my previous post until the math is clear to you, because one solar panel should not require energy from a nuclear reactor to make and no generator should have to run for three hours before it starts providing a return on its investment.

Time for craft rather. The advanced panels are created to replace both a nuclear reactor, and other power supplies. And on game initiation stages it is not expedient to create them !

• But you receive free energy and no need fuel...

Hello? It costs energy TO MAKE. The Advanced Solar Panel needs to run for more than three hours before it generates more total energy than it cost to make the UU-M that went into it.
    I'm glad you and your users like it, but I think anyone who can do the math will realize that it's not "free energy", it's throwing energy down a hole. It's foolish to spend 12 million EU to get the UU-M needed to make a generator that outputs 50 EU/t.

I did not mean it takes 3 hours to craft them, I meant that at 50 EU/t, it takes more than 3 hours for your generator to output the 12 Million EU it costs to fabricate the 96 UU-M needed to craft them.

You may think it's sensible to make a solar panel that requires the energy of a nuclear reactor to make, but I think you're out of your mind. I don't plan to use it - I'll save my energy and apply it directly, instead.

• Quote from HeadHunter67

You may think it's sensible to make a solar panel that requires the energy of a nuclear reactor to make, but I think you're out of your mind. I don't plan to use it - I'll save my energy and apply it directly, instead.

This your personal opinion. Whether also you you will decide to use it or not.

• This your personal opinion. Whether also you you will decide them to use or not.

The fact that it takes 12 Million EU to create the UU-M your recipe requires is not "opinion" it's a fact. It's also a fact that the panel needs to run for 200 minutes before it will pay off that investment at all.

Respectfully, the only people who will use such an add-on are people who are bad at math, or who are blind to the concept of cost to benefits ratio. I don't mean to flame you, but your recipes are not sensible in the least. They seem to be made by someone who feels that basic solars are too cheap and need to be made more costly, without any thought as to balancing what you get in return.

• The fact that it takes 12 Million EU to create the UU-M your recipe requires is not "opinion" it's a fact. It's also a fact that the panel needs to run for 200 minutes before it will pay off that investment at all.

Respectfully, the only people who will use such an add-on are people who are bad at math, or who are blind to the concept of cost to benefits ratio. I don't mean to flame you, but your recipes are not sensible in the least. They seem to be made by someone who feels that basic solars are too cheap and need to be made more costly, without any thought as to balancing what you get in return.

Yea need 12 million EU, but it's no problem for advanced stage of game. This panels created for this stage and replace other power source. Do you craft quantum suit on early stage ??? I think, no.

• No - but for what one would spend on your solar panels, one could very easily just craft a piece of Quantum Armor instead. Consider that. ;)

• Personally I like it, yes, it takes seemingly forever to recoup the energy costs, but on a server where it is running all the time 3 hours is nothing, and once the energy costs have been recouped the energy is basically free.

• OK. let me break it down further for you then:

Taking 200 minutes to pay for itself (recouping just the direct energy cost to make) means that until it's run for 400 minutes, you'd still have been better off using the power that went into creating it for something else. That's nearly 7 hours to "break even" - and while it may run all the time on a server, then you have to factor in the night cycles. So in that case, the number is actually 11 hours. Yes, you read it right - until it's been running 11 hours, the energy you put into making the Hybrid Solar Panel would have been better spent directly on whatever you're going to use the "future" power gains for.

Maybe for some people, that's a good investment - then again, some people think the same thing about scratch-off lottery tickets. I'm not sure when solar panels became an "endgame" source of power, but this thing is going to be used instead of nuclear reactors - and that's why I think it's not properly balanced.

• I have to agree with headhunter here. Even extremely expensive items like diamonds and advanced machines/ cicuits (ok not THAT expensive) make sense, as it is a material to energy conversion, and can be thought of as a good investment. Using items that actually TAKE energy doesn't really make that much sense in my opinon.